Ratings for Dr. John Stoessl

Dr Stoessl is fantastic very knowledgable treated me very well and finally confirmed my diagnosis of Parkinson's after visiting three other neurologists unfortunately he's a very busy and appointments are very hard to come by, another problem is getting your medication dosage adjusted between appointments because you have to playing telephone tag with the staff and his travel schedule to get changes made. Overall though he's far worth the effort and I've found him to be an excellent and compassionate doctor .

flag | Submitted June 3, 2016

15 month wait to see him, two day drive from northern interior B.C. seeking help for and ever worsening condition, only to met with indifference, no testing and he tells us that he thinks it is not Parkinson`s as the neurologist in Kamloops had said, and he figures it is all psychological, what a load of Bull, Total waste of time and resources seeking help, and this is the best that this Dr. can do. he needs to have his funding cut, and it given to someone who will actually try and help people. Total rude ignorant Jerk. This guy doesn`t know what the problem is and showed no interest in finding out. No help, were even made to wait for hours.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2015

Terrible experience. No bedside manner. Treats you like just another "number" - how ridiculous that you have to wait over a year for an appointment - considering he treats Parkinson's patients, one could "drop dead" while waiting for an appointment!!!

flag | Submitted August 12, 2015

Kind compassionate, and super intelligent. Dr. Stoessl is a gifted physician

flag | Submitted January 9, 2015

I have had cervical dystonia for about 10 years and began seeing Dr. Stoessl about 8 years ago. He is very professional, is an acute listener, instills confidence and has a great sense of humour. My last visit in May 2014 was excellent. He and his assistant spent over an hour with me and his treatment was very helpful. It had been 5 years since I had last visited Dr. Stoessl and had little hope that my condition could be improved. I came away with much confidence. Thank you, Dr. Stoessl. This man is a national treasure !

flag | Submitted May 30, 2014

I saw Dr. Stoessel in October re some things no one has been able to ascertain! I was very impressed with his associate, and the time he also invested in seeing me. Imagine my surprise at his remembering seeing a family member of mine 30 years ago and remembering the reason. I am still awaiting results re that consultation but am very confident that the information he's passed on locally, Kelowna, and the tests I had will get us the answers we need to go forward with my health! Awesome!

flag | Submitted February 25, 2013

I was very impressed with the time he took with me on all of my visits. I only see him once a year but he makes me feel as if he remembers me. I feel very fortunate that he is my doctor.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2011

You are extremely fortunate if you have Dr Stoessl. I have been seeing him for 3 yrs and am so glad to be in BC to have access to PRC. I have a frind who sees him also ,my friend doesnt understand why he[ for most of the apptmt ] has time with a graduate Dr to follow up since last visit. When you Google this Dr you will see what he is involved in. You are FORTUNATE to see him for the most important part of your apptmt.

flag | Submitted December 4, 2008

What a wonderful doctor!!! he was the only doctor that took the time to find out what was wrong with my face. I have never had to wait for an appointment they are scheduled every 3 months and they are always ontime. Dr. Stoessl is very helpful and has a great bed side manner..he always takes the time to talk to me and always listens to what I have to sya. I have never felt rushed at anytime and he is very polite and understanding...thank you Dr. Stoessl you have been a great help and a wonderful Doctor. Many Thanks Darlene

flag | Submitted November 20, 2008

Dr. Stoessl has impressive credentials and holds many awards. Being 100%, pharmaceutical driven can be good or bad depending on your beliefs. Research your disease thoroughly. IE: drugs like Mirapex have been band in Europe for 4 years but doctors in N.A still freely prescribe it. Massive side effects from multi-mixtures of drugs can result in death so keep drug mixtures simple. Stoessl doesn’t tell you this. Stossel is so busy that he has no feedback or detailed discussion with you. His staff can be very friendly but follow up is virtually non-existent between you yearly visits. When in critical condition, you could pass away before your next appointment. During your appointment have a list, and be organized. We feel that Dr. Stoessl should decide if he is going to be a professor, researcher, or doctor. Doing everything thins down his time, compassion, focus, and ability to be perfect at what he does. Hopefully the future will make him more open to research from other countries.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2008