Ratings for Dr. Brett L. Parra

Dr Parra meets specification 1. Professional competence. Has a good staff, timely, glad he’s my physician.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2018

I went to Dr parra twice the first visit he was nice but wanted to blame all the other medications I was on for my problem I am having with my kidneys and bladder before even examining me and yet I have had a history of issues from the past. I kept an open mind and lisened to him but feel he is very one sided meaning doesn't care about why your having to take the other meds but he has a one sided mind and that is all about the kidneys and bladder which is his profession but those organs are part of a larger body. The second visit where I had a procedure done he had a timer on the counter ticking away. He was fast at doing the procedure and fast telling me my only option which he said may or may not work and he was talking so fast trying to get out the door i count hardly get a question out about what he was talking about. I felt like he was done with me! From the moment he walked in to the moment which was being ticked away on a timer on the counter in the room. I was trying to ask him a question as i was looking at the timer it was very uncomfortable to have such a procedure done so quickly and then be told you only have one option and it may or may not work and tells me to go get a second opinion as he was trying desperately go get out the door trying to block any questions I may have. Then being left in the room to get dressed and not being told in advance what was going to happen to my body when I stood up from the procedure which was my bladder spasuming and clear liquid pouring out all over the floor with me in the room alone trying to grab any cloth to clean up their floor with! That was degrading as I called out and got the nurses attention who politely told me that was normal and it was ok but that would have been good to know before I got up off the table Doctor! Not sure what happened between the first and second visit but I took him up on getting that second option as I feel he wanted to get rid of me as a patient. Any doctor that puts a timer on the counter while your paying him for his time and you waiting longer for him to come into the room in the first place. Fire them! That doctor works for you not the other way around and this was told to me by another doctor I have for a different problem I have seen for years ! How would they feel if I billed them for my time waiting longer for them to come into the room than the time that was ticking away spent with me. I understand they are over booked but that's their problem and it causes a lack of compassion towards each patient. It's also insulting to put a timer on a counter while doing a procedure to a patient and not allowing questions to be asked while the timer hasn't dinged yet!! It's sad as I really wanted to have him for a doctor but it's obvious he doesn't want me as a patient. Second opinion is always a good thing anyways and I garantee that doctor won't have a timer ticking on their counter! I think Dr Parra is a good doctor but maybe to certain other people. Not me sadly. He should be honored that people chose him to be their doctor and pay and hire him to be their doctor. Sorry I had to fire him! I feel that's what he wanted.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2018

I am a rather new patient to urology and have been dealing with a disorder that is rare, I am also seeing a urologist at UAB. My disorder still has not been confirmed. However, when I saw doctor Parra he was very quick to answer questions and literally once was walking out the door when I was still talking (keep in mind any appointment I had was no longer than 10 min or so). I had only seen Dr. Parra a few times before he had to perform a kidney stone removal. He did a good job with the removal, but was extremely unprofessional when I came in to get the stent removed. He was asked by my doctor, at UAB, to go into my kidney and look at the stones in my kidneys to help confirm my disorder. When I got to the appointment I literally asked him one question about what he saw in my kidneys and he told me that I was a very challenging patient. I was a little confused, thinking that he meant I was challenging because of my condition, but then I asked what do you mean I am challenging? His response was that I ask too many questions! I was blown away! Here I am a 30 year old, being diagnosed with a rare disorder and I am challenging because I am asking questions about my health? My husband and I could not believe that he said this, and he continued to repeat that I was challenging throughout our discussion even saying his whole staff and himself believe I am challenging. I will never be seen by a doctor that tells me I ask too many questions about my health, I feel that is our right as patients. I am a very laid back person and get along easily with anyone. However, I will advocate for myself and ASK questions about my health. I would not recommend him or even The Woodlands to anyone. They want to get you in and out and do not have time for your questions. They want to tell you everything and not listen to your concerns or answer questions.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2018

Dr Parra is one of the most competent and professional Doctors that has ever treated me. He took all precautions in diagnosing me correctly and so far it looks as though he caught my cancer early enough to treat it. I always feel comfortable when we talk of the course of treatment he has planned for me.

flag | Submitted June 4, 2017

Been going to Dr. Parra for over 10 years. He's done surgery on me a couple of times and has always done an excellent job. Highly qualified and caring.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2017

I have seen Dr Parra for a complex issue that I've had since childhood. He has always be compassionate and professional. I have seen he and his partners for years after moving to the Pensacola area. I have always received excellent care. I would highly recommend this group and Dr Parra.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2014

Dr. Parra treats my 92 year old father for prostate cancer. He is warm and friendly and puts us completely at ease. His staff has all been great. Dr. Parra answers all our questions in a clear and complete manner and makes sure we understand what is going on with my father.

flag | Submitted March 6, 2008

Dr. Brett L. Parra's Credentials

• LOUISIANA STATE UNIVERSITY SCHOOL OF MEDICINE IN SHREVEPORT (Grad. 1993)