Ratings for Dr. Michael D. Began

I had a bicycle injury in the work parking lot and was taken to urgent care in Camarillo. Dr. Began examined me, took x-rays, saw that I needed surgery for a severe crack in the neck of the femur and performed the surgery a few hours later at Community Memorial Hospital, Ventura. All went well and I ran 10 marathons over the years after that. I believe Dr. Began is a competent orthopedic surgeon.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2014

My wife has had four sugeries with Dr. Began, he is alway proffessional and always takes his time with us. Two hip replacements, one knee replacement and some clean up of one of her ankles where she had bone spurs. He has always been helpful, and all surgeries have worked out great. THe staff is very helpful and knowledgable and know the ins and outs of the insurance nightmare. Thank you guys, keep up the good work!!

flag | Submitted April 24, 2013

I went to him for a shoulder injury, he gave me a cortisone shot without doing an MRI. I was told I would feel a little pinch. My arm felt like it was going to explode. I was crying and had a hard time catching my breath. He never offered me a kleenex, asked if I was okay. He handed me a perscription for pain pills. I had to ask what I should do next. He never should have let me leave in the condition I was in, I sat in the parking garage for 20 mins crying before I could drive. I had extreme pain afterwards for 3 days. I could not move. I called the office, and was told to hang in there for a couple of days. It was like a knief stabbing me everytime I moved. I WILL NEVER GO BACK. He is COLD and UNCARING. He was my husband doctor and he was never nice, but I mistakenly thought that if I was the patient, he would he nice to me, BOY WAS I WRONG!!!

flag | Submitted September 29, 2005

Dr. Michael D. Began's Credentials

• University Of Southern California School Of Medicine (Grad. 1984)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Ventura, CA