Ratings for Dr. Jennifer M. Lyman

Dr. Lyman is by far the best GYN that I have seen. She was very easy to talk to and put me at ease. I highly recommend her!

flag | Submitted August 21, 2012

Dr Lyman is a very knowlegeble OB but her staff is EXTREMELY rude, unprofessional and ignorant. If you are a high risk patient, RUN...if not then you will be with her staff. Very unpunctual , unhelpful and caused allot of stress on me and my unborn child. I switched to a different Office on my 8th month because all the staff cared about was chrging my insurance and me more then treating me. Dr Lyman is obviously under the command of her staff. What a waste of a degree to listen to a bunch of nurses with high school diplomas. If you care about your child's and your well being, you would not go to her office.

Submitted July 22, 2010

Dr. Lyman is ok, but she does rush through and I feel like I'm just a number. Her staff is horrible. I have made calls to them, leaving messages and they didn't call back for a month, even after I called several times. Last month, I had an issue that I really needed help with and her staff told me they can't see me for a month. Then, I called back and told them I'd be seeing another doctor if they can't see me. A week later, the nurse practitioner called me and told me they could have seen me and that she had left a message. This was a lie, she had never called. I am a small business owner and am adamant about answering my voice mails. She never called. I still need to get my birth control through them until I transferred things to my new doctor, they won't call back & I fear that I will not be getting my birth control in time. I use Express Scripts so that it's mailed to me in 3 month increments. I tried to get in touch with them over a week ago & they haven't placed the order.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2010

HORRIBLE DR! NASTY. This is bad when I am a nurse and work with Drs day in and day out. I went to her as a patient, bleeding so badly I needed blood transfusion and immediate surgery. I was told she was the best. All she could think to do was yell at me for not coming sooner and blame the whole thing on being somewhat overweight. If you are even a little overweight that will be her first diagnosis and cause. stay aware from her she is a ****, rough, and scary medically.

flag | Submitted March 10, 2007

I'm currently going to Dr. Lyman for a gynecology problem, and so far, she has been helpful. I have noticed that she tries to see me quickly, but I'm not bothered by it. I think it's really difficult to take your time when you're required to see X patients in a given amount of time. One thing I don't like is the delay in communication when trying to contact her by phone. It took up to two weeks for a nurse to call me back with her advice, even though the nurse's line says that they will call you back within a day. I feel like my problem could've been dealt with in a more timely fashion, but my impression is that my health problem isn't an emergency so maybe this is why there's a delay in communication. I must admit that this is the first time I've had a pelvic exam that didn't hurt, and she was very kind to me during my colposcopy and tried to do a thorough job. I may have to go back for a LEEP, so I hope she'll do a good job.

flag | Submitted November 30, 2006

Unlike the previous rating, I feel that she ignored me and my questions, moving too quickly through things and trying to get to the next patient asap. I had my ob care through Atlanta Gyn & Ob, and had a complications. I felt that I was completely overlooked and ignored and switched as soon as I could. My other doctor was very upset with the care I received before I switched. Very unhappy with the service provided by all doctors at this practice. I would advise going to Emory, or Gwinnett. Anyone but Atlanta Gyn & Ob.

flag | Submitted June 26, 2006

Dr. Lyman is a very concerned doctor and offers great advice. She has a great personality and she works hard to take care of you. She spends quality time with you, especialy when it's needed. She is very informed on a woman's body and she smiles. She did my surgery, and I could feel the confidence that she has in herself. That meant a lot to me. She moves fast as if she know what she's doing, but not the kind of fast where she's ignoring you and trying to get you out of the way. I guess I can say that she's very motivating and she handles her business. I really like her and I would refer a friend to her.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2005

Dr. Jennifer M. Lyman's Credentials

• Vanderbilt University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1997)

Great West