Ratings for Dr. Alok K. Gupta

Dr. Gupta is an outstanding physician. His diagnosis is always right on, and if he thinks you need to see a specialist and have a test, he does not hesitate to make this happen. He is always available either by phone or office. He has a small but excellent and caring support staff. I know people in my active adult community that would have died if it were not for Dr. Gupta's ability to diagnose the problem and get it corrected either by him or by a specialist. He is a caring physician - best I have ever had.

flag | Submitted December 18, 2013

I can only agree with the last post. I think some issues are cultural. I think he and his office staff Treat older women with Disregard. I too was given mixed information on multiple occasions. When I asked how my medication should be taken I was given the wrong information. This is not my ideal doctor or my ideal doctors office. My phone calls to the office have been met with moans. Young ladies in the front office Seem to be put out by offering service and often speak over people as they are talking. There are only 3 people in the office this includes the doctor. I wonder if the front office staff Who are used to take Make apt file insurance call in referrals If perhaps they are being overworked. On 3 different visits While in Examining room I could hear The doctor and patient arguing loudly. I witnessed patients with walkers Having difficulties opening doors Office staff watching. When Care has been lost in health So health follows. Care first!

flag | Submitted August 21, 2013

Dr Gupta is a gentleman but is not a Doctor. I went to him for a no. of years because he does take medicare but not once did he suggest a physical I assumed because he does not like to touch his patients,,,I think mostly females. Some of us believe it is a cultural thing because he is from India. He never follows through on tests and blood work he orders instead his girl calls and says it's "normal". He makes many claims as to his specialties but are not backed up e.g. pulmonary, sleep specialist, cardiologist, etc..I have found him to be a specialist in nothing as I go to a number of good specialists because I had too. I have had shortness of breath for years and am being treated for it as well as sleep apnea.He had his girl give me a breathing test on this very basic piece of equipment and they came back saying it was 'normal'. In the past I have been to 2 pulminologists ...he is not one. He advertises and makes false claims that he was selected as one of Washingtons top doctors.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2013

Nice but don't think he is a good doctor. Absolutely no follow through and ignores. symptoms. For an internist it is strange he never touches you except to listen to your heart very briefly. At least he doesn't touch women. Maybe because he comes from India? He listens well then says he will see you in 3months. I have wasted too many years and at my age I can't trust my care to him. Oh yes he does smile...

flag | Submitted April 18, 2013

Excellent doctor. Very Careful. .Good Listener. He has a very fine staff now. He is always helpful and has a gracious manner and a wonderful smiling presence. He has been able to see the positive side of situations very often. I highly recomend him as a an A-1 internist who has two very capable nurses on his staff.

flag | Submitted March 27, 2012

Lack of interest or concern. No follow through on reports or tests (blood, x-rays, etc) . I question some of his knowledge on certain conditions...he has been wrong. I have used him for several years.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2011

Really like him. He listens and is always willing to work with you. However, his staff is constantly changing and can't seem to get billing right. I am switching to another doctor because of his inefficient staff. Otherwise, great doctor.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2009

One of the best physicians I have ever visited. Excellent listener; really takes an interest in what you're saying. Explains everything well. Very kind and courteous, and very knowledgable. Always has a smile on his face and makes you feel very comfortable. Always returns calls very quickly, and has an excellent staff. Doesn't get any better than this. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2008

Dr. Alok K. Gupta's Credentials

• Hindi

• Maulana Azad Medical College (Grad. 1991)

Harvard-Pilgrim