Ratings for Dr. Christian Fras

I do not recommend having surgery by Dr. Fras. Although he was a pleasant, competent surgeon, his practice management service is attempting to collect additional money for services rendered and paid for 6 years ago.

flag | Submitted July 23, 2018

Dr. Fras did my spinal fusion in 2003. He made multiple mistakes. He misplaced some of the hardware. A couple of the screws are sticking into my spinal canal and I've lived with chronic pain ever since. I also had to have some other pieces removed (a cross-bar and turnbuckles) a few years ago because they'd come loose. The surgeon who did it said the cross-bar was cut way too long, it was stabbing my shoulder blade. When my second surgeon (not Fras) opened me up, that doctor said, "No wonder this girl hurts." I know people make mistakes, I get that. But this has seriously ruined my life. I can't work. Simple tasks like grocery shopping and even showering are difficult. I can't make plans because I don't know how I'll feel that day. I've missed so many things in my families' lives because I couldn't be there due to pain. My life, as well as my family's lives now revolve around those screws in my spinal canal. We have to live with his mistake for the rest of my life. Maybe Dr. Fras is the right doctor for you - just be wary. Do your homework, get second and even third opinions before you have surgery. Don't settle for the first doctor that tells you what you want to hear.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2018

First after reading some the reviews, I believe some people just love to complain. It is normal for a doctor to run alittle late and everyone can have an off day. It also depends on what kind of day you are having for you to write a negative review. . I found Dr. Fras very helpful in explaining my situation. I will learn more with a followup visit.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2016

I agree with other reviews, dr seems knowledgable but late every time, I had first appt if the day 45 min late. Lawyer got the run around until multiple calls and correspondence. Not impressive . Back injury mill, get 'em in Get 'em out

flag | Submitted May 25, 2015

Let this be said: a good surgeon should have respect and empathy for patients by being on time, explaining and showing patients their x-rays before and after surgery, by not being evasive of patient's questions, and suggesting supports if the surgery does not have a good outcome.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2014

flag | Submitted June 23, 2014

Great would recommened him to anyone. The difference he made for me was life changing. No more pain is a wonderful thing.

flag | Submitted December 17, 2012

Made many false claims on reports. Never throughly performed a physical examination. Clearly works for insurance company. Waited 75 minutes for a 13 minute exam.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2011

Dr. Fras is strictly interested in surgical patient. In other words, when he deemed that I am not a surgical candidate based on my MRI, he did not explain the MRI findings to me and sent me back to my anesthesiologist. In addition, he lacks strong medical knowledge. The sense that I got during my visits with him is that his only solution to a problem that he could fix is surgery. He either is not aware of other treatment for back injuries or he does not find the empathy and professional interest in counseling patient. Also, be aware that at Dr. Fras' office in Broomall, his staff booked multiple patients at the same time. I had to wait over an hour and 30 minutes to see him.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2011

I waited forever in the office. when he finally saw me, the best that I could tell he didn't review my films (just scanned the reports?) or spend much time with me. I was looking for a second opinion and, after seeing him, I'm still looking for a second opinion. Because I wasn't doubled over in pain, he basically seemed to decide right off the bat that my condition wasn't all that bad, in my opinion.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2010

Dr. Christian Fras's Credentials

• Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons (Grad. 1994)

UnitedHealthcare