Ratings for Dr. Joseph M. Larosa

Stay away from these people...rude and miserable is his staff and your just a number to the good doctor..not a patient.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2015

I was referred to his office by my primary doc after an mri . On the day of the appt. something came up so I called the office to see if I could be seen a little later in the day. The person on the phone said I could see a PA later in the day but not the Dr. I asked if that would work in my case. She said she didn't know.I told her why I was to be seen and asked if the PA could read my mri. She still could give me no answer. I started to asked"what does you're office do?". She rudely cut me off and said"I don't know the answer you're looking for!"I hung up. I stayed with the scheduled appt. When I showed up, I gave the woman my name and said I have an appt. She rudely said"For what!". I turned around and left. It seems like Drs. and their staffs act like they are doing you a favor by seeing you instead of the other way around. I don't care how much pain I'm in, I won't patronize any establishment that doesn't appreciate my business.They can go to hell....

Submitted June 28, 2012

Dr. Larosa seemed pleasant and knowledgeable on my first and only consultation with him. After that I don't remember seeing him again. I was unconscious before the surgery began. He also admitted me to the hospital and I was never informed as to the reason, even after being assured that the procedure was to be done on an outpatient basis. He never came to see me in the hospital or on any of my follow-up at his office. I am being seen by one of his assistants. He is in an association of orthopedic surgeons and while most of the staff is friendly and pleasant, the check-out receptionist is often abrupt. When I presented the letter from my heath insurance saying they weren't going to cover my in-hospital stay, she handed it back to me and said "We don't do this. You'll have to take that up with the hospital." They also did not fill out my FLMA leave forms correctly and have refused to rectify that. They let the office answering machine take calls which they do not return.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2008

Dr. Joseph M. Larosa's Credentials

• Albany Medical College Of Union University (Grad. 1987)