Ratings for Dr. Aljoeson Walker

He spent less than 5 minutes with me. Don't waste your time.

flag | Submitted June 28, 2017

I have been seeing Dr. Walker for about a year. I had an aneurysm pressing on the cranial nerve which controlled all movement of my right eye. The aneurysm was found and repaired before it ruptured, but not before it had caused quite a bit of damage to the nerve on which it was pressing. Dr. Walker very coherently explained what the issues were and was very honest with me about recovery, telling me that nerves take a little longer to heal, and that it might never be 100%. Fortunately, one year after the aneurysm repair, the nerve damage is almost completely healed, as well. Dr. Walker is knowledgeable, willing to answer any/all questions, and unfailingly courteous. I wholeheartedly recommend him to anyone needing a neuro-ophthalmologist.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2014

Dr Walker is amazing. He's not perfect, and anyone going into his office expecting a miracle is an idiot. medicine, especially neurology, is trial and error. He has always talked to me and explained what was going on. When I have questions, he answers them. My mother and younger sister both see him, and they love his quality of care too. Also, he can't control the idiot staff of busy bodies up front. The hospital is filled with comment cards; grab some and fill them out if you are happy or unhappy. Bottom line is, Dr Walker is an amazing neurologist, and as long as you are honest with him and aren't drug seeking, he will do right by you.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2014

After all I been through,Dr.Walker is the best doctor I've ever have!

flag | Submitted June 13, 2014

Worst bedside manner of any doctor I have ever gone to. Not only did Dr. Walker not welcome my questions, he just dismissed them as unimportant. I felt like he didn't really care about helping me. I would never refer any of my family and friends to go here. I have never felt so talked down to.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2013

Dr. Walker changed my life. I was unable to function before I saw him. I had been treated at the Diamond Headache Clinic and I still suffered from daily chronic headaches, migraines, and cluster headaches. My pain is much more under control and I can function and experience daily events without worrying about my pain level. :)

flag | Submitted December 3, 2012

Excellant doctor, knowledgeable and good bedside manner. I went to 4 other neurologists in the Chas area, they were of Little or No help at all. Very good with diagnosis, and getting the facts and information needed.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2012

Dr.Walker saved my daughters life. She had been miss diagnosed by neurologist in Cola. SC Dr. Walker took the time to listen and believed in her. She was bed ridden for 21/2 years before we found him. He diagnosed her on the first visit and was correct. As her mother I will always be grateful for him. I know Taryn would not be here today if we had not found him when we did.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2011

Service and punctuality used to be bad, but it was great last time I went. I commented and he said they were really working on that. Love Dr. Walker. I've been seeing him for about 8 yrs for migraine and he has really helped me. Before him, I spent about 15 years going to roughly 6 doctors that treated me like a whiner. I was having about 15 migraines a month, which greatly affected my job and quality of life. Now I have 2 or 3. He made me feel emotionally better, like I at least had hope at the very first appointment. Even though we had to try allot of things to get where we are. But that's normal. He doesn't rush and it's an enjoyable visit, for having to go to the doctor.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

The staff is the worst imaginable. Walker did not find what was wrong with our daughter but a neurosurgeon did a neurological test and found the problem very quickly. We sat in a hotel room waiting for him or his office to call us with MRI results and instead of calling us (he knew we were waiting to hear the results) he left for a 2 week vacation. It took us 6 weeks to hear from him and he still didn't figure out the problem.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2009

Dr. Aljoeson Walker's Credentials

• East Carolina University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1989)

Kaiser-Permanente