Ratings for Dr. James P Cuyler

Dr. Cuyler did a bronchoscopy on our 8 week old daughter. We were scared, but he took the time to speak with us about different options for treatment depending on the results of the scope. We have had nothing but good experiences with him.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2017

We had a bad experience with Dr. Cuyler. He removed wax from my daughters ear using a scraping tool. Aggressive pressure was applied, therefore a layer of skin was removed from her ear canal causing a fair amount of bleeding. A chunk of wax remained, he twisted a tissue and pushed the chunk further into her ear canal where it lodged next to her ear drum. This compromised her hearing for several weeks. Her bed pillow had three quarter-sized spots of blood the next morning.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2017

we have gone to dr cuyler a couple times he is great my granddaughter had tubes put in she is 3 and this helped so much and than my grandson had trouble hearing and we got the tubes put in this was quick and he is very good with kids

flag | Submitted September 29, 2009

Dr Cuyler has treated both my children. They both had surgical needs and Dr Cuyler was excellent. I couldn't have asked for a better experience.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2009

Great doctor, right to the point. Cautious about surgery for kids. Treats children with respect.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2009

My experience with Dr. Cuyler's office today (August, 2008) was extremely poor. I was scheduled for a 2:30pm appointment and arrived at 2:15pm with my wife and two children (a 2yr. old & 6mo. old) in order to allow some time to fill out new patient paperwork. After doing so we sat in his office until 3:10pm when it became obvious our children weren't going to last much longer. The receptionist, who was rarely at her desk, finally came back and I asked her if she would let me know when the doctor would see us. She informed me that Dr. Cuyler had scheduled a surgery around lunchtime and wasn't yet back in the office! She further informed me that she wasn't sure when he'd be in, though it was likely to be sometime today. She went on to say that there were other patients in front of us so we would have to wait even longer once the good Doctor decided to grace us with his presence. At this point I indicated that I would need to reschedule, and the receptionist asked w

flag | Submitted August 5, 2008

Horrible doctor! Took my 5 yr old in to get his vocal cords checked out. Turned out my son has vocal cord nodules. The doctor did not seem concerned so I did not either. His only suggestion to me was to have him use his "quiet voice". I have a 5 year old BOY and you want me to get him to use his quiet voice all the time? Yeah, right. Well two more years went by and two more visits to this doctor, once a year. My son's voice was getting worse and teachers were commenting on how hard it is to hear/understand him in class. By the end of the day he can barely talk and it's basically a whisper. So my last time visiting him I was hoping to hear some other options. But no. This doctor gave me no other suggestions and told me agin to have him use quiet voice. He siad my son was "rather loud and wild". Went to see a different specialist who actually did a scope, discussed the issues and recommended an actual treatment plan. Imagine that! I wasted two years listening to him!

flag | Submitted March 5, 2008

Dr. James P Cuyler's Credentials

• Univ Of Alberta, Fac Of Med, Edmonton, Alb, Canada (Grad. 1976)