Ratings for Dr. David R. Miller

I had arthroscopy performed on a torn meniscus by Dr. Ray Thal a few years back and had a completely positive experience with TCO. However, I recently saw Dr. Miller for a follow up to a hand injury that wasn't improving (Initially saw Dr. Fleeter for first consultation and x-rays). Miller was recommended by office staffer while making my follow-up appt. since he is their in-house hand specialist. I was called into the exam room after 30 min. in waiting area. First Dr. asst. took notes and said, "Dr. will be with you shortly." 15-20 min later, second Dr. asst. came in asked me same questions said same thing and left. 15-20 later, a third Dr. asst came in and asked me same questions, and told me the Dr. would be right in. (Meanwhile, if any of the Dr. asst.'s had read the notes I supplied on their required on-line medical paperwork they would have already had the answers to the questions they asked.) Another 20 min go by and I hear third asst. briefing Dr. outside of exam room door, then Miller finally comes in. As other's have stated, his bed side demeanor comes off as arrogant and impersonal -did not seem interested in listening to my symptoms/injury history and was very trite in his responses to my questions regarding surgery/non-surgery options and recommendations. After spending 1.5 hours waiting for a 10 min "consultation" with Miller, I have decided to seek another Dr. The overall impression I get from TCO is that they are high-volume and over-book patient appt.'s. Therefore, you can expect long wait times and brief/rushed interactions.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2016

I arrived on time for my appointment, but I had neglected to fill out my forms ahead of time as requested via email. The forms took about ten minutes to fill out. After submitting them, I was called in less than three minutes. I explained my problem to the assistant, she led me back immediately to get x-rays, which were done without waiting and arrived instantaneously on the doctor's computer. The doctor arrived just a few minutes later. He lightened as I explained my issue. He assessed what the problem was, discussed the recommended treatment and the probability of success, and answered any questions I had. The process was very quick and pleasant.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2014

8:45 appointment was actually 9:30, didn't seem to listen to the answers to the questions he asked. frequently was checking his phone during the appointment. seems rather full of himself. hopefully in the OR he is better. had a temporary assistant (again??) and she also seemed to be in her own world. not at all like another doc i had experience with at the same practice. the front office staff is great, very happy and out going. the office manager there is a gem!

flag | Submitted September 7, 2012

He made me wait for over an hour. What a waste. When I signed in, I saw that they had double booked the time slot I was scheduled for; there should never be a reason for why TWO patients are scheduled at the SAME TIME. They're stealing your time. They also made me pay BEFORE I saw him. This annoyed me since I had to wait for so long. When he finally saw me, he spent 20 min. with me only because I asked questions. He didn't listen and didn't tell me anything I didn't already know. He insisted my condition was caused by doing things I rarely do. He was very focused on xrays even though a doctor I saw a month ago had sent over my chart, which said my bones were fine. It was very frustrating and a waste of my time and money. I now have to go see another doctor for my problem.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2011

My overall time in the office was nearly 2 hours. The time spent with Dr. Miller was less than 5 minutes total, and when I left I did not know anymore than when I arrived. He has a horrendous bedside manner, and I feel like 2 hours of my life was wasted.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2010

Dr. Miller & his nurse seemed very rushed and distant. Regardless of bringing X-Rays from 4 days prior, 4 more were taken. The last of which, I was asked to support my broken bones and walk down the hall to X-Ray... no splint, or assistance. No forewarning of possible pain as my cast was molded to the injury site. No alternative pain medication was offered when an allergy to the recommended medicine was discovered.

flag | Submitted December 24, 2009

Dr.Miller is simply extraordinary. His nurse is just like him, very caring as well. The phone calls are returned very promptly and he really, really cares for his patients. I would greatly recommend him, you will come out feeling the care and compassion of a REAL DOCTOR, and please don't miss out the opportunity to meet him, he is really one of the greatest on face of this earth.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2009

Dr Miller has been absolutely fantastic with my husband's wrist surgeries. He and his staff have gone above and beyond through this whole ordeal. Dr Miller truly cares about his patients and really takes the time to answer every question and concern. Dr Miller even came in after work to remove a broken pin from my husband's wrist because he said if he had to wait until the following week, he would "worry about him all weekend." I would highly recommend Dr Miller, you won't be disappointed.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2008

What a great overall experience. Felt as though this was a total team effort from the initial workup...surgery and the Hand therapy I am currently going through......Would highly recommend this practice and Physician!

flag | Submitted April 19, 2008

Dr. David R. Miller's Credentials

• Temple University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1995)

Top Hospitals in Reston, VA