Ratings for Dr. Eileen A Smith

Like others, I wish there were a 0 stars option. Hour long waits for her time, but don't YOU be 5 minutes late. Dangerous doctor who made mistakes when prescribing medications - DONT. GO. HERE. She made several mistakes, her office made several mistakes, and then they copped an attitude when I politely requested they correct the mistakes. She put me on a med that she said potentially had dangerous side effects, but she thought it could help me, and that I would need to be monitored more closely. Rather than follow up in the usual month, she wanted to see me back in 2 weeks. One week into the new med, I was told she would no longer see me as a patient by her incredibly rude office staff. She leaves her dirty work to them. When I asked what I was supposed to do with regard to the new med that I was supposed to have close monitoring on, I got no return phone call - just a letter in the mail letting me know that I would need to find a new doctor. Wow! Happily!! She was friendly enough at first - I thought, maybe the negative reviews were off target? NOPE. They don't warn you off strong enough! IF you get as far as the reception desk, take a look at the letter posted in the window letting you know that she holds her rude office staff as a higher priority than her patients. BELIEVE IT!

flag | Submitted September 25, 2014

I have seen Dr. Smith for over 5years now. She would see me when no one else had openings or would even consider taking on a new patient. I think God every day for the unknown individual that answered the phone at BAMC/ Tricare and contacted her office and set it up appt. Wish I could thank them in person. I still her monthly and have the utmost respect and trust in her skills as a psychiatrist. She's not just a Doctor that cares about patients but wants to see them excel at life and heal. Staff has always been extremely courteous as well.

flag | Submitted August 4, 2014

The office staff is ill informed and treat don't treat patients like people. They have no understanding that most patients are there for support and teatmant. They are uncaring.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2014

DR. SMITH IS THE WORST DOCTOR I HAVE EVER, EVER ENCOUNTERED. I've read many reviews on her, 90% are bad. I was one of many reviews in which she spent so little time, it led to a MISDIAGNOSIS AND OVER-MEDICATING. By the time she fired me as a patient, she had me on 80mg of paxil, 6 mg of ativan - my psychiatist after that was SHOCKED at that amount. He informed me that both of those medications were at TWICE THE THERAPEUTIC DOSAGE AND EXTREMELY DANGEROUS AT THOSE LEVELS. How could she overlook something like that when SHE wrote the prescriptions? Her screw ups led to me being dumped as a patient when I didn't respond well enough, me being hospitalized, and almost losing my life. I found a REAL doctor, and am now stable and only on ONE medication, instead of FOUR as she had me on at one time. DR SMITH IS IRRESPONSIBLE, RUDE, UNPROFESSIONAL AND DOESN'T CARE ABOUT HER PATIENTS. SHE SHOULD NOT BE PRACTICING MEDICINE, HER MISTAKES MAY COST SOMEONE THEIR LIFE ONE DAY

flag | Submitted April 24, 2013

Staff is rude. Office manager is extremely rude. When my mom questioned a charge Office Manager said she would not talk to her and hang up on her twice. I was not allowed to see or talk to the doctor. When I went to the office the office manager said she refused to let me see the doctor unless I paid a charge of 75 dollars for a no-show appointment when I had rescheduled. Do not go see this doctor.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2013

Eileen Smith is the rudest and most unprofessional psychiatrist I encountered in a town full of poor psychiatrists. She took the cake. I saw her for about a year. I never got to see her at my scheduled time. A 2pm appointment meant I would be called back at 4pm (at the earliest). Her staff is unprofessional, absent minded, and rude. They would never relay an important message or request to Dr. Smith, or if they did, Dr. Smith would not return my calls. This woman will not lift a finger to help her patients so forget about her going a little out of her way. It took a little over 2 weeks to get her to write a new prescription for a non-controlled substance at a lower dosage (lower milligrams pills). She acted like it was such a big deal for her to do and gave me a very condescending look when I saw her. She's the typical pill peddling Psychiatrist with poor beside manner. I would baker act a friend before I recommended them to her.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2012

She claims knowledge of transgenders, but is more likely to tell you, that you are wrong instead of finding out why you feel that way. She told me I wasn't, and I can pass completely without any assistance, medical or padding. I have since found a new doctor who diagnosed me properly. she is habitually very late, so that I always took two books because I never got to see her less than two hours after my sheduled time.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2010

She was rude, uncaring and very unprofessional. She treated my elderly mother with such disrespect. I have never met a doctor like her before. She misdiagnosed my mother and when we expressed our concerns she asked us "to leave the room". We found another doctor for my mother, he completely diagreed with Dr. Smith's diagnosis and thanks to him my mother is 100% well.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2009

Dr Smith is by far the best psychiatrist I have ever seen. She actually listens to what I have to say instead of just throwing pills at me. She is also very patient in giving the medications a chance to work, and she is knowledgeable enough that I truly trust her judgment when she thinks a change is warranted. It is about a 1 1/2 hour commute for me to see her, but well worth it.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2009

I do not feel Dr. Smith is helpful to the transgendered community. In my opinion, she does not understand the issue as it is today. Depending on where you fall in the spectrum, you might need a better counselor. She does not seem to understand the fringe areas, or the people that fall in the cracks, that are not explained in the texts. Dr. Smith seems to believe you can be gay or you can be transsexual but never both. We all know that it is possible to be a transsexual that is attracted to the same sex that you don't feel comfortable as. The feeling of being a transsexual is inside a person, and Dr. Smith does not listen those feelings, but looks for external manifestations that are often repressed. If you are in a later stage of life and feel that something has been wrong all your life, Dr. Smith is not for you, in my opinion. She will only lead you to more grief, as she did me.

flag | Submitted March 25, 2009

Dr. Eileen A Smith's Credentials

• Univ Of Tx Med Sch At San Antonio, San Antonio Tx 78284 (Grad. 1990)