Ratings for Dr. Matthew J. Ross

This man is a great listener,teacher, diagnostician, surgeon, and human being! Very conservative treatment first...then if surgery is necessary you are completely knowledgeable about your condition.After visiting 5 other highly rated surgeons, both ortho and neuro, I knew Dr Ross was THE ONE for me! He's a thinker and came up with an idea for my spinal fusion that no other doc even mentioned or thought of! In his own practice he can take time with his patients! I am recovering from my surgery now and it takes a team...a positive patient and a brilliant and skilled surgeon! I wish there were a rating of 100 stars...I would give Dr Ross that!

flag | Submitted March 22, 2017

In 2015, I had a ruptured brain aneurysm and Dr. Ross performed the clipping. While it was a very scary situation for me and my family, Dr. Ross walked us through the whole procedure and answered the million questions that we had. Post surgery - I was so use to my primary doctor only giving me 5-10 minutes to talk during an exam that I was completely shocked when Dr. Ross never rushed me out and again worked with me to make sure I understood everything. I truly believe I would not be here today had he not taken my case.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2017

Couldn't be happier with my surgery! Thank you so much. Highly recommend!

flag | Submitted April 26, 2015

I paid out of pocket for Dr. Ross. Why? Because I believe he is the best surgeon in the entire Midwest. More credit needs to be given here. I cannot tell you enough how appreciative I am of Dr. Ross. I highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2013

I've seen five doctors about my lumbar and sciatic pain. By far, Dr. Ross was the most helpful and thorough doctor I have seen - possibly ever. He very carefully explained my MRI images and answered all of my many questions. His office is professional, his receptionist is extremely friendly and helpful, and he spent a significant amount of time with me. If I end up needing surgery, I would trust him fully.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2013

This is an intelligent, caring doctor who takes time to review records with the patient and discuss diagnosis.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2010

Dr. Matthew Ross was very helpful in illustrating to me exactly what a herniated disc was, how it worked, and what exactly was causing my pain and numbness. I had several questions for him, and he explained them significantly better than the 3 other neurosurgeons I saw prior to him. He took his time, listened to me, and took the time to weigh out the pro's and cons of each treatment method. Unlike most Neurosurgeons, didn't want to rush me into surgery or out of his exam room. We spent 40 minutes discussing all related matters to my injury and answered every question I had in a concise and easy to understand way. I have, and will continue to recommend Dr. Ross to anyone and everyone. The office staff is very friendly and very professional. I had an appointment scheduled and the receptionist called 3 times telling of of sooner openings! I am extremely satisfied with Dr. Ross and all of his staff!

flag | Submitted October 20, 2010

Dr. Ross is the best in the field in my opinion, I wish I could use him as my primary doctor (I'm actually serious). Dr. Ross performed a one level fusion L5 S1 back in 2004 and I feel wonderful. I recently had a cervical herniation that I went to see Dr.Ross for, but my work comp claim was denied and primary ins. was out of network causing me to seek out another doctor. If my condition comes down to surgery, I really think I may pay the out of pocket cost for Dr.Ross being out of Network to perform the sugery as he is the only one I trust. Anyone looking for a phenomenal Neurosurgeon then you need to call Dr. Matthew Ross. Thank you Dr.Ross for all the help you have given me with my back and my neck - your services are greatly appreciated. One side note is that the office staff is tremendous very polite, helpful and understanding. John L

flag | Submitted August 15, 2010

He is amazing! He is caring and patient. He never rushes you in or out, and is always teaching you about your condition. He did my 3 level fusion and I can't thank him enough for what he's done for me. He used very cutting edge procedures and is very educated and communicates his knowledge. He's the best.

flag | Submitted April 29, 2009

Absolutely wonderful man and doctor! He has nothing but what is best for the patient in mind. After surgery, he actually came and found our family personally instead of sending out a nurse. He is one of the best doctors I have ever dealt with.

flag | Submitted April 12, 2008

Dr. Matthew J. Ross's Credentials

• Univ Of Il Coll Of Med, Chicago Il 60680 (Grad. 1984)

Top Hospitals in Winfield, IL