Ratings for Dr. Stephen Brooks

We have been going to Dr. Brooks for over 20 years and you would be hard put to find a more dedicated, compassionate, professional dentist and team. Regarding his staff we have always found them to be friendly and helpful. Steve's upbeat nature and friendliness matches his skill as a professional ... he's our kind of professional, great at what he does, and although we don't socialize with him we consider him a good friend.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2016

Dr. Brooks is a very kind doctor, but his front office staff are simply terrible. They are rude and all look like they don't want to be there. And they really don't know how to run work through insurance. For this reason alone, I switched dentists.

flag | Submitted November 7, 2016

Dr Brooks is an amazing dentist and all around great guy! However, aside from 2 out of who knows how many girls are in there they are terrible. They make it seem iconveient that you are there. They are snarky, and make rude comments RIGHT INFRONT of patients! One girl at the front desk is very friendly, extremely pleasent to deal with, helpful, and always smiling! But good luck if you happen to get the other one, just rude and even took a personal call on her cell as I was being checked out! Unbelievable! The hygienist aside from one need a personality overhaul. It's not highschool ladies, get it together.

flag | Submitted October 9, 2016

Outstanding dentist, I have been going there for almost 20 years. Practical and provides options for you, money is not is main motivator. I find his staff of hygenists are very good as well, the challenges reside at the front desk, mainly with capabilities on insurance claims and doing them properly or having comprehension on certain types of treatments. Frankly, your better off just paying and going to your insurer directly for the claim to get it right rather than deal with issues on coding at the front desk.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2015

Same as previous comment. Dental experience was great but spent untold amounts of time communicating between my insurance company and the dental office to process a simple dental claim. In the end I had to go the snail-mail route. Ridiculous!

flag | Submitted April 23, 2013

Dr. Stephen Brooks is a very kind dentist. I have been going there for 10+ years and have always enjoyed him. His front desk staff is incompetent however. They never informed me until Oct. that a claim from August did not get accepted. I had to make a special trip into the office to obtain the paperwork so I could get my claim submitted. I almost missed the "window" in which to submit the claim from August. They provided no explaination as to why I was not informed only that it was rejected. And in fact when I called my insurance company, there was no based for it being rejected. I suspect that the staff do not know how to submit an electronic claim. Very disappointing. I will be switching dentists because of this.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2012

I recently moved to Burlington and was looking for a new dentist. I read the ratings on Dr. Brooks and liked what I read. I had an appointment this morning and I must say the ratings were very accurate. Dr. Brooks was extremely knowledgeable, very easygoing and personable, and very caring. I got the impression that unlike other dentists he is not motivated by money and very much motivated by good dental care. I've had bad experiences in the past with dentists so it was very refreshing to see an honest, hardworking and dedicated dentist. I was pleasantly surprised with how reasonable his fees were. I would definitely recommend Dr. Brooks to anyone looking for a new dentist. Overall a very pleasant experience.

flag | Submitted July 29, 2010

Very relaxed, helpful. I had to change dentists and I will miss him.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2009

He is without a doubt the best dentist out there. He is not only extremely knowledgeable but he is HONEST and reasonable with his rates. Best of ALL he is FUNNY! Yes go figure a sense of humor in a dentist. I always feel relaxed when I get dental work done!!

flag | Submitted February 21, 2009

oh my goodness,where to begin. I certainly need more than the 1000 character spaces allotted here. This doctor makes me wish I made more money so that I could over pay him and spoil him rotten. I can't adore Dr. Brooks or his staff enough. I really never believed in angels till I met Stephen. He is the most dedicated, most ethical, most uplifting, most professional, most kind, most fun, most soul-full, most compassionate (shall I keep going?)most respected, talented & amazing dentist I have ever had the pleasure of knowing. The sun will go down the day Stephen isn't singing. He is the kind of human being negative people self combust around. And... he loves chocolate. Can you even imagine A dentist that loves chocolate? (grin). I only wish he did other things besides dentistry. For now, he'll remain one of Burlingtons' best kept secrets. How do you say 'gift from god' in a 1000 ways? Dr.Brooks!So, Thanks for your infinite higher light & awesome vibes. xox Suzanne Sadowski

flag | Submitted September 26, 2008