Ratings for Dr. Gerard J. Girasole

A supurb surgeon. He cured me. I had cervical surgery and he really had a challenge with my case. All went well due to his knowledge and intelligence.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2017

Thanks to my Insurance provider (Cigna) I had to suffer for 4 months before I even got an appointment with Dr. Girasole , and this was after my Insurance company finally approved an MRI, after an X-ray, PT, Injections, and more PT. I don't understand the negative comments towards him, I was not at his office to make a new best friend, I was there to be seen by a professional who made the correct diagnosis, preformed the surgery and corrected my problem. He was highly recommended by numerous neighbors and co- workers that he had preformed surgery on, in the past, and myself in turn would highly recommend him, It has been one year since the surgery and I have just completed my final visit to Dr. Girasole's office.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2017

I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Girasole to anyone who needs back surgery. I suffered for 4 months and was hesitant to have surgery but it was the best thing that has happened to me. Dr. Girasole gave me my life back. From the moment I opened my eyes after surgery my pain was gone. I couldn't believe it! He is a skilled surgeon and works wonderfully with Dr. Abraham Mintz. You couldn't find a better team anywhere.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2017

My experience was excellent. Associated medical staff made my pre and post OP procedures much easier than I expected. Dr. Girasole was the best choice for me. His knowledge of my condition and his plan to correct the problem gave me confidence that the outcome would be as successful as possible. 5 months after surgery and I cannot be happier with the results of my 5 level fusion of my lower back. I wholeheartedly recommend him if you have spinal problems. If you wish to use Dr. Girasole to correct any spinal issues be aware that the front office staff can be problematic depending on who you deal with. Knowing your insurance and how it works will aid in dealing with these non medical personnel.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2015

He is arrogant and is surgery happy. A family member of mine had to have the same surgery twice.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2015

My experience with Dr. Girasole was nothing less than life changing. I had tremendous pain in my neck and stopped doing routine tasks. One of the most gifted surgeons I have ever met. I had a serious spinal cord compression and needed a two level spinal fusion. Excellent staff as well. I can not thank him or his staff enough.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2015

My experience with Dr. Girasole was horrible. Arrogant, bad temper, condescending. This MD may be knowledgeable but has zero patient skill. I would recommend he be avoided at all cost.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2015

Thank you, Dr.Girasole! I fell off a cliff and severely fractured my back. Major surgery was arranged in two days with a very successful outcome. The doctor was very confident in his ability to restore my health, and kept me well informed. I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted April 16, 2015

A wonderful doctor, with good communication skills, but most important a great surgeon. Recommended by my sister, and several others, they were right.

flag | Submitted April 6, 2015

Dr. Girasole is a wonderful competent doctor and surgeon. I am 3 months out from having a lumbar fusion due to spondylolisthesis. I feel fantastic with virtually zero pain. I have recommended Dr Girasole to many people. Feel confident with him as your orthopedic he knows his stuff. Exercising afterwards makes a huge difference in recovery, it's incredibly important.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2015

Dr. Gerard J. Girasole's Credentials

• New York Medical College (Grad. 1988)