Ratings for Dr. Gerard J. Girasole

Very professional. Very prompt and staff was excellent. Did spinal surgery for me and did a very professional job.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2017

I have had 2 surgical procedures done within the last seven years, cervical fusion and recently lower lumbar fusion. Both surgeries went very well and I no longer have any pain or discomfort. I highly recommend Dr.Girasole and Dr.Mintz and their entire staff. In my book they are the best surgeons. I have complete trust and faith in them.

flag | Submitted November 12, 2017

12 years ago he did a discectomy on me and I was pain free for 11 years. When it came time to do the fusion, I chose Dr. Girasole again. I couldn't be happier, not just with the results but with the experience. He and his staff were wonderful, understanding about the pain level, helping with the insurance issues, and follow up has always been kind and consistent. AND. I am 6 months out from the surgery and I feel amazing. I found him charming and kind. I don't even get the reviews who say otherwise. Plus, his bowties are sweet. :)

flag | Submitted November 9, 2017

Had a fusion done on my neck by Dr.Girasole and Dr.Mintz...They are thee A TEAM!!! Surgery went well... Two great surgeons who I trust 100% ! God Bless them!

flag | Submitted September 6, 2017

I am very pleased with the results after L5-S1 fusion. I was a little upset with waiting for 5 months, not doctors fault, workers compensation delayed the surgery. Dr. Girasole was very helpful with pushing the process along. He has sent me on to a Chiropractor to advance my progress, because of my work duties and description, I need to be able to lift,bend, twist and stand on my feet for over 8 hours. Dr. Barnes, the Chiropractor is really helping immensely. I would recommend the OSM group for any orthopedic issues, they care and are very thorough. Be prepared if you need back surgery, you must walk right away after surgery, no if's, and's or but's are accepted for an excuse.

flag | Submitted August 31, 2017

A supurb surgeon. He cured me. I had cervical surgery and he really had a challenge with my case. All went well due to his knowledge and intelligence.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2017

Thanks to my Insurance provider (Cigna) I had to suffer for 4 months before I even got an appointment with Dr. Girasole , and this was after my Insurance company finally approved an MRI, after an X-ray, PT, Injections, and more PT. I don't understand the negative comments towards him, I was not at his office to make a new best friend, I was there to be seen by a professional who made the correct diagnosis, preformed the surgery and corrected my problem. He was highly recommended by numerous neighbors and co- workers that he had preformed surgery on, in the past, and myself in turn would highly recommend him, It has been one year since the surgery and I have just completed my final visit to Dr. Girasole's office.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2017

I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Girasole to anyone who needs back surgery. I suffered for 4 months and was hesitant to have surgery but it was the best thing that has happened to me. Dr. Girasole gave me my life back. From the moment I opened my eyes after surgery my pain was gone. I couldn't believe it! He is a skilled surgeon and works wonderfully with Dr. Abraham Mintz. You couldn't find a better team anywhere.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2017

My experience was excellent. Associated medical staff made my pre and post OP procedures much easier than I expected. Dr. Girasole was the best choice for me. His knowledge of my condition and his plan to correct the problem gave me confidence that the outcome would be as successful as possible. 5 months after surgery and I cannot be happier with the results of my 5 level fusion of my lower back. I wholeheartedly recommend him if you have spinal problems. If you wish to use Dr. Girasole to correct any spinal issues be aware that the front office staff can be problematic depending on who you deal with. Knowing your insurance and how it works will aid in dealing with these non medical personnel.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2015

He is arrogant and is surgery happy. A family member of mine had to have the same surgery twice.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2015

Dr. Gerard J. Girasole's Credentials

• New York Medical College (Grad. 1988)