Ratings for Dr. B. Lauren Charous

Dr. Charous was my asthma/allergist for 20+ years. FANTASTIC doctor in every respect! Has many research papers published and has done work all over the world.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2017

flag | Submitted May 31, 2012

If you want a doctor who is snobby, pretentious, and doesn't listen to the patient, then this is the doctor for you. Dr Charous has attitude, and it's bad. He's sloppy, too, missing an important lab that I had to point out to him. Not impressed. When I said that possibly a place I had been to could have initiated my illness, he made fun of me, repeating what I said over and over, in a sing-song manner, as though I was a child. Milwaukee has plenty of allergists. Stay away from this one. Aurora could do better. Either go to a different Aurora site, or see if your insurance will handle another group.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2012

I have seen Dr. Charous on multiple occasions for a condition I have. Every office visit, or phone conversation that I have with him makes me like and respect him less. He seems to really try and help you initially, and then starts making inappropriate comments and assumptions. He actually asked me how my sex life was during an appointment. What? He also has quoted studies and facts to me on my condition, to which when I researched myself, I found him to be incorrect. When I tried to politely, respectfully, discuss my findings with him, he refused to listen or consider. Maybe it's time for him to retire.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2011

My son' asthma was so bad that the only we were told that the only chance for him to live was to get on the right drug trial. We were able to do that with Dr. Charous. My son went from being bed ridden to being able to attend college, graduating from college, working, getting married and even traveling to China numerous times. In other words he saved his life. I don't know what the "lack of medical Knowledge" the other posters are talking about.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2011

I agree with a few of the other reviews that I have read on the board. Dr. Charous is a very difficult man to deal with. He comes across as a very pompous, arrogant man. His knowledge seems to be outdated, and incorrect in many areas, and he asks questions and then talks over the top of you when you answer. I consider myself an informed patient, and he quotes studies and facts that are based on his opinions that are outdated and incorrect. He also makes inappropriate comments, and doesn't like to discuss information that doesn't agree with his opinions.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2011

Avoid this physician at all costs! In my opinion, he should not have contact with patients in any way. Initially, I chose to see him only because Dr Charous was in our insurance network. I was then subjected to the most rude, condescending, outright hostile behavior that I had ever seen from a medical professional. This man also had the audacity to try to leave the appointment without even running any diagnostic tests! There is something definitely wrong

flag | Submitted July 14, 2011

As an RN, former RNC, CCRN, former critical care/trauma/transplant/OR-RR/ER nurse and Director of Nursing, etc., all I can say is this: watch out. My advice: people shouldn't pretend they are experts if they have literally almost NO experience with an orphan disorder. Rude beyond comprehension. Tried to attack core personality of the patient who obviously knew there was something wrong with herself. Then he wrote a horrendous diatribe against patient in her chart which, had it not been for another Neuroscience center, patient would have gone without proper care, etc.. Called my home while I was in the middle of a neuromuscular attack which was later correctly diagnosed at MCOW and told me I just wanted to be sick! Absolutely disgusting! He went so far as to color the attitude of an ignorant new doctor who ignored my fever and dehydration after he read the diatribe this MD (use the term loosely) wrote.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2010

During the time I had interaction with him (he was covering for my physician) he appeared to me to be very 'high strung', making me nervous about the care I was receiving. Since I was already in the throes of a major asthma attack, this perceived demeanor did nothing to reassure me.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2009

Dr. B. Lauren Charous's Credentials

• University Of Illinois At Chicago Health Science Center (Grad. 1978)

Bakery & Confectionary Union Plan