Ratings for Dr. David F. Claxton

Dr. Claxton has been my doctor for 6 years. Not to say we have not clashed on occasion, but he is an excellent doctor, and if an occurance is ever proved I wouldn't want to be treated by anyone else. I believe that the changes Hershey Med has made in their cancer institute is the cause of the poor quality. There was a time when it would not be unusal to wait an hour to an hour and a half for your appointment because he was running behind, but you never minded because he always took the time to explain things. If you have noticed you do not wait anymore and it is in and out. The other comment I would like to make is the previous comment on bedside manner. Think this way, he probably sees more deaths than cr's. He is a fabulous doctor and you are fortunate to have him.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2009

Very poor bedside manner. Dr. Claxton had a very condescending attitude and we were made to feel like our concerns were not important. He treated my family member with cancer like she should not have had an appointment with him and he has "worse off" cancer patients. We heard great things about the cancer center at HMC, and I'm sure the other doctors there are helpful. However, I would not recommend this doctor.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2008

Dr. David F. Claxton's Credentials

• Mc Gill Univ, Fac Of Med, Montreal, Que, Canada (Grad. 1978)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal