Dr. Steven L. Tuck

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Steven L. Tuck

Dr. Tuck is an MD to be respected. Having visited my daughter's long-time pediatric clinic to ask for help, trying to reach out to government health agencies in Maryland, and the clinic that caused my initial concern, only Dr. Tuck was willing to listen, and understand. When I asked if he could please spare a minute of his time so that I could voice my concern about a procedure conducted at another clinic, he was not only ready to listen, but spent additional time to call over another expert from his clinic to hear my concern, and then proceed with telling me what the best course of action would be for me to take. In addition to that, he correctly diagnosed and solved my daughter's original problem. I have nothing but the utmost respect for this doctor.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2014

After a skiing accident, I went to Dr. Tuck, who was calm and knowledgeable. My problem has improved greatly after I followed his recommendations.

flag | Submitted May 26, 2011

After seeing a hand surgeon at Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in NH, and told that I needed surgery for a trigger finger, I scheduled the procedure. I had asked the doctor if there was any other treatment that we might try before surgery. Told no. I felt very uncomfortable and I cancelled the surgery. Still in pain and now another finger having trouble decided to see Dr. Tuck on a recommendation. He examined my hand and immediately suggested the use of splints for a period of time. He gave me a cortisone injection and fitted me with splints. Well, it worked and right now I am pain free. If I need surgery in the future, I will only see Dr. Tuck. He listened, spent adequate time, and was very responsive. Can't say enough good things about him.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2011

Does not discuss risks of his procedures unless pressed. Very arrogant, autocratic, and even abusive to patient.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2009

Dr. Tuck is the best orthopaedic surgeon that I have had experience with (and I have visited well over 10). I broke my foot twice, had innumerable sprains, and experienced excruciating pain 24/7. I lived more than 1/2 of my life like this and he was the first doctor who actually paid attention/listened to everything I said and was able to fix it. My foot still bothers me after two surgeries, but the pain is much less severe and he has made my life so much more enjoyable. I am able to function in daily activities and sports so much better than before. I would HIGHLY recommend him to anyone - he is very knowledgeable, extremely helpful, and an overall excellent doctor.

flag | Submitted August 6, 2009

After going to 4 different pediatric orthopedic doctors, Dr. Tuck was the only one to heal my foot. I spent 5 years on crutches and in a cast. If it wasn't for Dr. Tuck, I'd still be hobbling around today.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2009

While he told me I'm in the 5% of cases who have ongoing pain after carpal tunnel surgery, I found Dr. Tuck to be thorough in explaining what was going on and approving extensive occupational therapy for my hand/wrist. He is easy to talk to and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2009

Very kind and explained everything clearly. Is kind of quick, but does listen. I would recommend him to anyone who needs a good hand surgeon. Personable in a kind of quirky way that I liked.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2008

My 8-year-old son has broken his arm 3 times. Dr. Tuck is WONDERFUL. Truly one of the most patient, caring, and nice doctors we have ever seen. I wish all doctors were like him. He is so kind and gentle with him, and explains everything. I cannot believe the negative rating below is for the same man! Not our experience at all.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2008

While Dr. Tuck is very experienced and knowledgeable, he comes across as arrogant and can be openly belligerent. He has yelled at me in front of my children and engaged in name calling. I respect his medical opinion but he delivers it with such veiled hostility that the overall experience has been very sour.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2008

Dr. Steven L. Tuck's Credentials

Pediatric Orthopaedics, Hand & Wrist, Elbow, and Shoulder Specialist

• University Of Chicago - Pritzker School Of Medicine (Grad. 1975)
  • University of Iowa (Grad. 1980)

• Broken wrist/broken hand