Ratings for Dr. Marina Shtern

Excellent doctor and great medical center .

flag | Submitted January 22, 2014

Dr. Shtern is an excellent doctor and I am very happy with my experience

flag | Submitted December 12, 2013

i have been doctor shtern's patient for close to 6 years and could not be happier. most visits she is on time. she is very polite, friendly and i feel very comfortable with her. she explains everything in a lot of detail and also checks with me at the end of the visits that i understood everything and i am comfortable with our plan. i have recommended this doctor to all of my family and friends.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2013

Great doctor! She explains everything in detail, always makes sure I understand everything before I leave. She does not sugar coat things and does not patronize me. I appreciate this because I seek direct advise and help at the doctor's, not for someone to tell me everything if fine so I continue doing the wrong things and feel good about that. Although occasionally runs late, usually apologizes or explains. This is not a big deal, after all it is a doctor's office, emergencies come up - I would want the same attention if I was very sick. The staff at the office is very helpful. Have switched my entire family to her.

flag | Submitted August 9, 2013

I have never been more uncomfortable at a doctor's appointment and dreaded going back. Switched to Shtern as my GP when I was 18 and on the very first visit, she wanted to do a gyno exam (but it was "that time of the month", thank God). Next visit, she performed the exam and even though I had explicitly told her that I'd never had one done before, she treated me like another body on the table and not a patient with feelings and misgivings about my FIRST gyno exam. The next year's physical/gyno exam went the same way, I cried both times when I got back home. In addition to NO bedside manner, she constantly brought up the topic of dieting and exercise, which is fine because I do need to work on it, but then continued to use scare tactics by bringing up the possibility of diabetes EVERY TIME. I'm so thankful that I moved to NY and had to find a new doctor!

flag | Submitted August 30, 2012

I've been seeing Dr. Shtern for about 5 years. The waiting room period is usually a long wait- she can either be very quick or take her time. She is straightforward but I don't always trust in her ability to correctly diagnosis. But that could be because she doesn't always explain things in depth. I like to know all my options and to fully understand a diagnosis and she doesn't do a great job at explaining. Her bedside manner is a bit frank and I didn't feel 100% comfortable- which is how you should feel with your pcp. The nurses at SSMC are amazing and very helpful.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2012

The worst doctor I've ever seen in my entire life. Unpleasant and short tempered. Incorrect diagnosis.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2012

Love her. She is very thorough and always listens. She's very straightforward and is not going to act like your best friend, but that is not what I want in a physician anyway. I actually know a couple of people who work with her also and the last comment could not be more wrong. The staff gets along with her really well and she is a well respected physician among her colleagues.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2010

Aweful...no personality and barely listens to her patients. Completely misdiagnosed and gave me wrong treatment. I have seen her as a patient and I also know someone she works with. She has more complaints than any other dr in the practice the staff can't stand her.

flag | Submitted May 28, 2009

Very friendly doctor who has genuine concern for the patient's well being. She is also very thorough when making sure you are up to date on shots, tests, screenings etc...

flag | Submitted March 4, 2008