Ratings for Dr. Joseph Deantonio

Competency aside, he's an egomaniac. He makes people wait not because he values time with his patients, but because he feels he is worth waiting for. His behavior can be very unprofessional. Get over yourself.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2015

Dr DeAntonio is being dragged down by the very worse staff that ever managed a healthcare office. They are always so confused and consistently make scheduling mistakes. As a matter of fact, out of the 5 appointments I've had with Dr. D all were either cancelled, mischeduled or he had me waiting for over an hour so I left. They get a well deserved POOR score from me.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2015

My scheduled appointment was for 10:30. I received 3 or 4 calls prior to my appointment asking me to confirm that I'd be there at 10:30. I was more than 10 minutes early. All I needed was a prescription refill. In 2013, the Dr. told me that he was "tired of working for free and just filling endless prescription refills over the phone without any office visits". Remembering that, I scheduled my appointment this year just to get a prescription refill. I waited until 11:45 - and then I simply walked out of the office quietly without ever having seen the doctor - I could hear him making endless small talk in the room next door. I waited an hour and 15 minutes to see the doctor - and listening to the gist of his conversation I could have easily waited another 30 minutes or more. All I wanted was s stupid refill. I've used this doctor for a few years now. A very pleasant chap. I'm certain he earns a good living. I'm sure he doesn't even know my name and won't miss my business at all.

flag | Submitted February 20, 2014

I made an appointment with Dr. Deantonio after my previous gastroenterologist was unable to complete a full colonoscopy in two attempts (over an 8 year period of time). My previous doctor told me it was impossible to view the ascending colon. Dr. Deantonio was successful and probably saved my life. He found a large, flat polyp at the very beginning of the ascending colon, and he successfully removed it. I know it took extra time and care to safely remove this large polyp, but Dr. Deantonio took the time and had the skill to do this procedure. This is one reason why he might not "always be on time" for the next patient. It took extra time to carefully navigate to this location, and took extra time to remove this polyp. Why would anyone want a doctor who was always on time but who did not take the extra steps to do things the right way? I also found his staff to be extremely courteous and professional.

flag | Submitted December 9, 2013

First, Dr. Joe DeAntonio is one of the most competent, caring physicians I've come across -- one who focus on his patients, and THEIR issues. His procedures go off without a hitch, and have no negative after effects. He's thorough, pleasant, and generally cares about a person as just that - a person, and not a kick back from an insurance company. This man is awesome. So I waited for a 45 minutes in a waiting room. BIG WHOOP. The reason for the wait is because this man is so good, EVERYONE wants to get in to see him. If you're self-centered, obnoxious and an idiot, this man is not the doctor for you. If you realize you may have to sacrifice a few minutes of your precious life to see the best -- then please give this doctor a call. You won't regret it!

flag | Submitted April 28, 2011

Fair to say that punctuality is awful but not fair to extrapolate this to other rating categories. Been using this MD for over 10 years and found him compassionate, knowledgeable and dedicated.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2011

I had to walk out of the office after spending my entire lunch hour in the waiting room. There were at least 3 patients ahead of me who were waiting for an hour as well. if i had stayed, it would have taking at least another hour till i would have been seen by the doctor. this was supposed to be my first appointment with him. unbelievable! after reading all the other reviews posted i am not sure whether to give him a chance. he seems to be known for his lateness!!!

flag | Submitted July 20, 2009

The doctor completely disregards patients' schedules. He is quite proud of never coming to the office on time. when I commented on the fact that it was rude to make patients wait, he told me that since "the nuns couldn't teach" him to be on time, no one would be able to make him be on time. He was 1.5 hours late coming to an outpatient clinic for my colonoscopy. I have no basis on which to judge his knowledge, but felt that he had made up his mind about my "real" symptoms, so didn't need to really hear from me about details.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2009

This doctor was rude and short with word. He tried to insult my intelligence my reapeating the word"interpretation" on a test resust as an "opinion" and not fact although I had ALL the symptoms. This was after he asked how did I get an appointment. "Didn't his receptionist tell me he does NOT treat patients who have been seen by this OTHER PARTICULAR doctor" I wanted to cry. I will find someone else. Very RUDE.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2008

Dr. DeAntonio is an excellent gastroenterologist. He is very knowledgeable, will spend time with you, and is a very caring person. Sometimes you have to wait to get in to see him, but it is definitely worth it. I went to two other Dr's in the Mercer area before I found DeAntonio, and I am very glad I found him.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2008

Dr. Joseph Deantonio's Credentials

• Saint Louis University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1986)

MAMSI