Ratings for Dr. A Dvorkina

Her only option for me to lose weight was weight loss surgery. She said this to me in the worst way possible. I said anything else ... she says stop eating. The rudest woman... I will never see her again. Save yourself

flag | Submitted November 30, 2017

Dr. Dvorkina is one of the rudest most condescending people I have ever encountered. She has no interest in actually listening to her patients and thus seems to base her practice largely on assumptions and generalizations. Having a busy practice is no excuse for being curt and dismissive. Her primary concern seems to be with making endless referrals and humiliating assistants, office workers, and medical students. When I tried to address her condescending tone she became even more dismissive and pretended to be affronted at the suggestion that she might be profoundly insensitive at the least. She then summoned an assistant to "witness" the exchange all the while continuing to interrupt me every time I tried to speak. Talk about gaslighting! She actually said, "I don't have time to listen to you. I have many patients..." I will be changing doctors immediately. You can be poor and still expect humane treatment but not from this person! Do not see this doctor unless you're into being treated with barely veiled condescension and contempt. She's awful!

flag | Submitted November 18, 2016

This doctor is part of a practice that is like a "mill," so at least some of the wait is not her fault. Her mood is somewhat dependent on the crowd waiting for her. She is literally impossible to reach on the phone and, unless hell is freezing over, she does not return phone calls. The one time I forced the front desk to put me through was when I was waiting for serious test results. She admitted that she had them, but did not want to tell me because they "hadn't been typed yet." I have the impression that patient relations is not her strong suit in the best of circumstances. Rarely, there would be a cordial visit, and I would feel good (because they were so rare). Perhaps if she had more time, she would be warmer. I had both good and bad diagnoses from her, but the bad ones were REALLY bad. One that turned out not to be correct was a chronic smoking-related lung condition. That scared me silly until I found a pulmonologist who told me she was mistaken.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2008

I am the daughter of the patient who has extreme diabetes. At one time she had him on eight different medications until he almost went into another diabetic coma in December 25/26 2007 and the doctor in the hospital took him off most of the medications he was prescribed.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2008

nice ady but not sure of her skills. She told me I had nothing but a rash, turns out it was more serious. I found that out through another doctor. Would only go to her now for a cold.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2005

Dr. A Dvorkina's Credentials

• Creole

• State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center (Grad. 1983)

MSP/BC Med