Ratings for Dr. Aimee Lee

Horrible physician. Was unable to answer my questions regarding why I needed to undergo certain tests and how that would help her identify the cause for my issue. If she can't even explain her process I don't see how she's a fit Doctor. She also kept trying to 'encourage' me (in a shifty and judgmental manner) how I should undertake a treatment path in the meantime while they try to figure out my issue. In her eyes the benefits outweighed the costs but when I told her how I didn't see it that way she just became judgmental again. Overall a very concerning experience. She needs better bedside manners and also needs to work on the trust factor with patients. I will not be seeing her again and will call my clinic to complain about her also.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2016

If you have children don't go to eating disorder clinic. She stated I was an unfit mother before she even spoke to me. She then reported me to social services. She recommended no treatment or therapy. What a hassle dealing with social services. By the way I still have my two children who are happy and healthy. I am getting proper treatment elsewhere.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2016

Dr. Lee purchased the clients from the previous dentist (Dr. Laing) who was a very compassionate and caring doctor. I was a client there for several years, and upon Dr. Lee taking over the practice (while agreeing to have Dr. Laing still be on staff to aid in the transition) she appeared to be very unfriendly and rude. Her first comment to me before introducing herself was that she was going to require a full set of X-Rays, full assesment and new patient diagnosis. WHO WAS SHE KIDDING? Dentists already make a boatload of money, but why she would even try to milk more out a client that already exists from the practice she purchased blew my mind. Then when I said I was already a client, she left the room and never returned. My wifes mother had the same problem.... and they were clients there MUCH longer than I was. So, in all she was horrible and lost 5 clients in two visits! Watch your wallets, and bear with her rudeness if you choose to have her as your practicing dentist.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2011

A real piece of work.I found her online and made an appointment for a "meet & greet".Unfortunately the address online was incorrect so i got off the bus one block before.There was no sign on the building so it was hard to find. I got there 2 minutes past the time of my appointment. i got attitude from the receptionist that i was late and would not be seen.The exam rooms doors were open and the rooms were empty, there was nobody in the waiting room, the only people there were in scrubs, ie. they were staff. I explained my difficulty in finding the place and asked if she could ask the doctor to see me. She heaved a big sigh and slowly waddled down the hall. By this time i was nearly 7 min late. The receptionist came back with more condescending comments about being late. I was fuming-they offered to rebook i just walked out. While waiting for the bus across the street, i watched the clinic and no clients came or went! they obviously had no other appts., which made me madder!Avoid!

flag | Submitted March 15, 2011

I was required to "meet and greet" with her before she would accept me as a paient...which I felt was extremely judgmental. I felt if I told her something she didn't want to hear, such as, a particular medical or mental illness she would refuse to treat me, which is not right. My mother is a dental hygenist and she is not aloud to refuse people on this basis. Anyway, I figured I would tell her only good things during this "meet and greet", and she accepted me. My first appointment was cancelled without my notification due to snow...I was upset because I paid for a cab to get me to my appointment. I told the receptionist that I was not pleased and that I most definatly should of recieved a phone call. If I could make it, why couldn't the staff? I was embarrassed in frount of my spouse the next time I arrived, and was forced to apologise to her for "abusing" her staff. I felt she was abusing her position and was on a power trip...her and her staff; very unhelpful...happily do not go to her anymore

flag | Submitted October 11, 2009

I got a letter today for my 3 year old and myself that Dr. Lee has closed her practice with nobody to take over for her. We have to find a new Dr. now :(

flag | Submitted May 13, 2009

From my experience with other doctors - one should be intelligent in their field yet personable/compassionate to their patients. Dr.Lee is not personable and compassionate, which makes her unprofessional in my eyes. She is judgemental and inconsiderate to your needs. And does not ask enough questions to find out your diagnosis. In my opinion - that is not what a doctor should be.

flag | Submitted March 17, 2009

Well I have to agree with the negative comments as I too have gone in with issues I felt were of great importance and she always discredited me and ignored my concerns making me feel like I was making it all up or my chronic pain was no big deal. I always walk away feeling like my needs were not met. She also needs a bit more knowledge in the pre-postnatal and baby care department as she could not even prescribe the right dosage of motilium to correct breast feeding issues and would not listen to me when I had done the research. Receptionist is nice but you can never get through to the clinic. I continue to go only because there are no other doctors and I hope that with continuing as a kind and respectful patient we can build on a doctor/patient bond. She just needs a little more enthusiasm and compassion with her patients.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2009

Made an appt for a meet / greet with Dr. Lee. After a great 1st impression of her receptionist, I was so disappointed! She refused me as a patient because I had seen another Dr. therefore I didn't qualify as a new patient! Made me feel unworthy of a decent Doctor. I left in tears! No compassion whatsoever.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2009

I personally found Dr. Lee to be very unfriendly, no bedside manner and not knowledgeable......

flag | Submitted January 8, 2009