Ratings for Dr. Virgil A. Hatcher

He's a good dermatologist. Have been seeing him for over 10 years. But he is always over-booked and rushed, and now appt. waiting time is averaging 45 minutes. On top of the fact that his office staff is constantly turning over, his current staffing is extremely rude and borderline confrontational. I refuse to experience this level of rudeness and negativity before I see my doctor. After 10 years I am ready to find another doctors office.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2012

i think he's knowledgeable, but his office is nothing but a cosmetic sales room. i believe he knows those procedures but if you have any concerns besides cosmetic, see another doctor. i was creeped out by a call he made 10 days after my visit. seems shady.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2011

i honestly don't understand the negative reviews - i think he is an amazing doctor - he is professional, smart and very caring - i have the ability to go to any doctor and i chose dr hatcher

flag | Submitted April 29, 2010

I believe the medical care is good but there are too many good doctors in NYC to justify returning to this dysfunctional office. Money is paramount, be certain to request and keep all receipts. And if time is a factor at all don't even consider this office. Remember, you are hiring this doctor for health care yet his approach to patient care is that his time and income are the foremost considerations. I fired him as I decided my condition should come first as my contractual obligations of payment was made and my time is just as valuable as his.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2009

Office never run in time. You can see that his face is all about money. I have been treated by different dermatologist and this is the worse. Different front office every other month. I always way more than 30 minutes to be seen and I am paying 300 dollars to be seen aahhhh..!!

flag | Submitted August 19, 2008

I have to disagree with some of the comments. Although he does have somewhat of a business manner, I didn't find that to be a bad thing at all. He was very profesional (business like)and did seem personable. I do wish he'd given me other options aside from taking a medication that had really severe side affects though.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2008

Stay away from this crazy doctor, you can tell by the high turnover of staff at his office. There's always a new front desk or new esthetician there every 5 mins. All he says is to do expensive cosmetic procedures and buy his products with poor packaging. On top of that, he will make you wait an hour in the waiting even if you arrive on time.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2008

He's a bit rush rush and his staff always seems to be confused on everything. He prescribes the wrong things and does not ask his patients enough questions before suggesting a course of action to treat their problems. And yes, in regards to the last post, he is a bit of a businessman.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2006

He has a nice office. He is nice althought I felt that he wasn't really listening when I was talking. He gives me the impression that he is a business man. Why? In the end of the visit, I spent more than $70 on their cosmetic product.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2005

Dr. Virgil A. Hatcher's Credentials

• Univ Of Ca, San Francisco, Sch Of Med, San Francisco Ca 94143 (Grad. 1978)