Ratings for Dr. Helen K. Blaisdell-Brennan

As. Haole from the mainland I struggled to fit into Hawaiian society. Dr Blaisdell-Brennan helped me to understand the history and culture of Hawaii and provided me insight to find my place of happiness in Hawaii. Although I am now back in San Diego I will always be grateful for my Hawaiian experience thanks to Dr. Blaisdell-Brennan’s insight, understanding and guidance.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2018

I have been with Dr. B since 2008 and she has been instrumental in helping me achieve total wellness. She is very compassionate and has a wealth of knowledge and expertise in her field. Thanks to her care, I feel that I have grown immensely not only psychologically/emotionally, but spiritually as well.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2014

Dr. B is a very nice and compassionate person, she is easy to talk to and a very good listener. Whenever I am having trouble and don't know what to do, she is always there to help me through it. I am very grateful she is my doctor, she has a good heart and I appreciate what she has done for me.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2014

Dr. B. has gone out of her way to write letters and fill out forms for me. This shows me she is patient and kind. I'm grateful she's gone out of her way for me - with a smile. She's smart, but I like her because of her heart.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2014

Dr. B cares, and I'm so grateful for that. She takes the time to listen, asks good questions, even though sometimes they may make me feel uncomfortable. But that's why I'm here. She's careful about prescribing meds and is always available by phone for questions and consultations. Some of my life situations have been challenging, to say the least, but Dr. B is an oasis of hope for me, and for that I'm grateful.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2014

Sometimes people are angry. Sometimes angry people use websites to anonymously vent upon people they have never met, but, for some reason, have chosen not to like. Rest assured: medication is never coerced. If this patient had concerns, he would bring them up at a visit, or, more likely, not come back for a second visit. I hope this person gets psychiatric help for his/her anger issues! I wish him the best!

flag | Submitted September 6, 2014

Very caring and knowledgable physician who takes the time to listen.

flag | Submitted June 2, 2013

This Dr. is Good. I was referred to this Dr. by my primary care provider.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2013

THE BEST. The most compassionate, intelligent psychiatrist I have ever met - and I've been to more than a few in several states here. I know there are mean-spirited folks out there. She does have a small practice and tries to stay away from mean and dangerous patients.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2013

WORST EVER!! as a psychiatrist, you would expect her to be compassionate and careful about the comments she makes to her patients.. she was exactly the opposite! It seemed she wanted to bring me down at all costs and make things as difficult for me as possible, especially when it came to getting me my medications! she refused to call them in to the insurance company, even though i warned her i'd be running out soon. I'm considering reporting her to the board.

Submitted October 27, 2011