You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Ghobad Azizi

Dr. Azizi is very professional and goes to great lengths to explain in detail and in a way you can fully understand what he has found or thinks could be your medical issue. Highly recommend this Doctor.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2016

flag | Submitted February 22, 2016

In my experiences, Dr.Ghobad Azizi, Wilmington Endocrinology, is a highly knowledgable, concerning, and professional physician. Dr. Azizi skills and utilization of quality technology diagnosed the nature of my illness and a treatment plan. He is simply the best Endocrinologist in Wilmington and surrounding areas. The helpfulness and efficiency of staff personnel are a reflection of Dr. Azizi's professionalism.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2016

I feel very confident that Dr. Azizi is the best doctor I could possibly have for my particular Thyroid problem. He is caring, professional in his manner and listens attentively to my questions and concerns. His office staff is wonderful. How fortunate we are to have a doctor of his caliber in this area.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2015

Dr. Azizi if great at fine needle aspirations but when it comes to treating Hypothyroid he is a major fail. Synthetics didn't work for me so after 9 months of playing around try this, try that, he finally put me on NDT-Armour. Unfortunately he doesn't understand how to treat with it. He goes by the useless TSH -pituitary hormone instead of the thyroid hormones (t-3, t-4) leaving me to have rebound hypo symptoms worse than what I started with. My last visit, once again insisted he wanted to lower my dosage after my GP raised it and had me feeling better. When I discussed this with him he said a low TSH like mine might cause afib., I informed him this is the first time in many years that my irregular heartbeat disappeared. It didn't matter, he'd rather go by the tsh than see me be healthy. Major fail Dr. Azizi, learn what you're doing before you decide to treat people with Natural dessicated thyroid med. All your doing is messing me up and keeping me ill. By the way....YOU'RE FIRED! Won't be back for anymore of your ineptness!

flag | Submitted November 7, 2015

Very knowledgeable and sincere about helping his patients. He has helped my daughter and I so much over the years. Highly recommend him if you think you may have a Thyroid problem.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2015

I was not happy with Dr. Azizi, he would not listen to what I had to say only went by numbers. My daughter and I found another doctor. The staff was nice and seems to be helpful. But never felt like I get be better.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2015

flag | Submitted July 28, 2015

Michelle Lewis, PA is lovely. The lady in the lab is a peach. The rest of the staff seem annoyed by you disturbing them. Dr Azizi - well, he has done a tremendous job with research and diagnostics and working with Siemens to test and use the highest state of the art equipment available anywhere near Wilmington. BUT - I felt like he doesn't care about how his patients feel, he doesn't listen - only talks, and that is abrupt and abrasive. He will ask if you have questions, but interrupt and reply in a manner that shows his annoyance and irritation. I suffer from Hashimodo's and had my thyroid removed. After months of taking meds exactly as prescribed I still struggled with weight gain, fatigue, depression, etc. He told me it was simple, eat less and move more. I'm being followed closely by a nutritionist that has me on 1400 calories a day. He also told me NOT to drink lots of water. Only drink when I am thirsty. Why? He says the body is almost all water and it doesn't make sense to keep putting so much water in. Such a confusing statement which of course flies into the face of everything you've ever been told about the importance of drinking water, so I asked him to repeat himself. He got angry with me, snatched up his precious laptop and told me he was not going to waste any more time on someone that doesn't listen to him while he speaks, and stomped out of the room! So while I was a part of his study for the Siemens project, he was super nice - after all that and I'm just a plain ole post op, the real Dr Azizi came out. I was extremely disappointed in how nasty be became once I was no longer useful to him and he didn't care one bit if I left his practice.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2015

The entire staff was excellent. Very attentive to our needs and concerns. Dr Azizi and Michelle Lewis were very informative and knowledgeable and explained the information in a way that was easily understood. Everyone we had contact with was appreciative that we were being seen in their practice. I would highly recommend this practice to friends and family.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2015

Dr. Ghobad Azizi's Credentials

• Univ Hamburg, Krankenhaus Eppendorf, Fak Med, Hamburg (407-21 Pr 1/71) (Grad. 1993)

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Azizi is very professional and goes to great lengths to explain in detail and in a way you can fully understand what he has found or thinks could be your me..."

April 13, 2016
  • A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "Sometimes have to wait but that means they take their time with you and don't rush you."

February 22, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "In my experiences, Dr.Ghobad Azizi, Wilmington Endocrinology, is a highly knowledgable, concerning, and professional physician. Dr. Azizi skills and utilization..."

February 17, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I feel very confident that Dr. Azizi is the best doctor I could possibly have for my particular Thyroid problem. He is caring, professional in his manner and li..."

November 18, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Azizi if great at fine needle aspirations but when it comes to treating Hypothyroid he is a major fail. Synthetics didn't work for me so after 9 months of ..."

November 7, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Very knowledgeable and sincere about helping his patients. He has helped my daughter and I so much over the years. Highly recommend him if you think you may h..."

September 28, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "I was not happy with Dr. Azizi, he would not listen to what I had to say only went by numbers. My daughter and I found another doctor. The staff was nice and se..."

August 23, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Always a positive experience. The staff and Dr. Azizi are very caring and take the time to listen. "

July 28, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "Michelle Lewis, PA is lovely. The lady in the lab is a peach. The rest of the staff seem annoyed by you disturbing them. Dr Azizi - well, he has done a tremendo..."

July 9, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "The entire staff was excellent. Very attentive to our needs and concerns. Dr Azizi and Michelle Lewis were very informative and knowledgeable and explained the..."

April 15, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "As a first time patient, I was very impressed with Dr. Azizi. His staff wa very nice and took time with me. His P.A. Was very nice. She was very thorough ques..."

April 11, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "I would not recommend Dr. Azizi to anyone. While it is true that he is excellent at performing fine needle biopsies and ultrasounds I find him to be very arrog..."

March 28, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Azizi and his staff take the time to talk to you and answer all your questions about your health care. He treats each patient as if that patient is the most..."

March 20, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I was referred to Dr. Azizi after my primary physician found a lump on my thyroid. I entered into a study that Dr. Azizi was doing using ultrasound and had se..."

February 17, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "There is no better, more knowledgeable, or more caring doctor than Doctor Azizi. He found Prostate cancer in the lymph nodes of my neck, then helped me find a U..."

January 30, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I have been a patient of Dr. Azizi for almost two years, and I am thoroughly pleased with the level of care he has given me. He has seen me through two thyroid..."

January 28, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Great Service. Patient portal is very useful and able to get a response quickly. He is a very knowledgeable and caring physician. Even when I know he has many..."

January 18, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "greatest service! I would highly recommend DR&STAFF to anyone in need of an endocrinologist!"

January 16, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Incredibly knowledgeable in his field! Within 1 month of seeing him for the first time, I had my thyroid removed & a cancer diagnosis confirmed. I get a quick r..."

January 16, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Great service! I would recommend them to anyone in need of an endocrinologist!"

January 5, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Azizi and his staff has taken excellent care of me and my family - that including watching over two pregnancies after going though thyroid cancer. I will f..."

December 1, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "After sudden declining health I was referred to Dr. Azizi by my rheumatologist after finding markers in my blood that showed a very sick thyroid. My first visit..."

October 27, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have always had a great experience with Dr. Azizi and his entire staff. He is the one who found my thyroid cancer 1 week later after the hospital missed it. D..."

October 12, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I love Dr. Azizi and his staff. I actually drive over 2 hours just to see him. He's taken excellent care of me and gotten me safely through three pregnancies co..."

September 22, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I love Dr. Azizi! I am a sixty year old woman that has been complaining of symtoms of thyroid disease for years, and he was the only one that FINALLY pinpointe..."

September 16, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' rating (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=152166'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.8

March 6, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' rating (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=152166'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.9

February 5, 2014