Ratings for Dr. Ghobad Azizi

Dr. Azizi is very professional and goes to great lengths to explain in detail and in a way you can fully understand what he has found or thinks could be your medical issue. Highly recommend this Doctor.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2016

Sometimes have to wait but that means they take their time with you and don't rush you.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2016

In my experiences, Dr.Ghobad Azizi, Wilmington Endocrinology, is a highly knowledgable, concerning, and professional physician. Dr. Azizi skills and utilization of quality technology diagnosed the nature of my illness and a treatment plan. He is simply the best Endocrinologist in Wilmington and surrounding areas. The helpfulness and efficiency of staff personnel are a reflection of Dr. Azizi's professionalism.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2016

I feel very confident that Dr. Azizi is the best doctor I could possibly have for my particular Thyroid problem. He is caring, professional in his manner and listens attentively to my questions and concerns. His office staff is wonderful. How fortunate we are to have a doctor of his caliber in this area.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2015

Dr. Azizi if great at fine needle aspirations but when it comes to treating Hypothyroid he is a major fail. Synthetics didn't work for me so after 9 months of playing around try this, try that, he finally put me on NDT-Armour. Unfortunately he doesn't understand how to treat with it. He goes by the useless TSH -pituitary hormone instead of the thyroid hormones (t-3, t-4) leaving me to have rebound hypo symptoms worse than what I started with. My last visit, once again insisted he wanted to lower my dosage after my GP raised it and had me feeling better. When I discussed this with him he said a low TSH like mine might cause afib., I informed him this is the first time in many years that my irregular heartbeat disappeared. It didn't matter, he'd rather go by the tsh than see me be healthy. Major fail Dr. Azizi, learn what you're doing before you decide to treat people with Natural dessicated thyroid med. All your doing is messing me up and keeping me ill. By the way....YOU'RE FIRED! Won't be back for anymore of your ineptness!

flag | Submitted November 7, 2015

Very knowledgeable and sincere about helping his patients. He has helped my daughter and I so much over the years. Highly recommend him if you think you may have a Thyroid problem.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2015

I was not happy with Dr. Azizi, he would not listen to what I had to say only went by numbers. My daughter and I found another doctor. The staff was nice and seems to be helpful. But never felt like I get be better.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2015

Always a positive experience. The staff and Dr. Azizi are very caring and take the time to listen.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2015

Michelle Lewis, PA is lovely. The lady in the lab is a peach. The rest of the staff seem annoyed by you disturbing them. Dr Azizi - well, he has done a tremendous job with research and diagnostics and working with Siemens to test and use the highest state of the art equipment available anywhere near Wilmington. BUT - I felt like he doesn't care about how his patients feel, he doesn't listen - only talks, and that is abrupt and abrasive. He will ask if you have questions, but interrupt and reply in a manner that shows his annoyance and irritation. I suffer from Hashimodo's and had my thyroid removed. After months of taking meds exactly as prescribed I still struggled with weight gain, fatigue, depression, etc. He told me it was simple, eat less and move more. I'm being followed closely by a nutritionist that has me on 1400 calories a day. He also told me NOT to drink lots of water. Only drink when I am thirsty. Why? He says the body is almost all water and it doesn't make sense to keep putting so much water in. Such a confusing statement which of course flies into the face of everything you've ever been told about the importance of drinking water, so I asked him to repeat himself. He got angry with me, snatched up his precious laptop and told me he was not going to waste any more time on someone that doesn't listen to him while he speaks, and stomped out of the room! So while I was a part of his study for the Siemens project, he was super nice - after all that and I'm just a plain ole post op, the real Dr Azizi came out. I was extremely disappointed in how nasty be became once I was no longer useful to him and he didn't care one bit if I left his practice.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2015

The entire staff was excellent. Very attentive to our needs and concerns. Dr Azizi and Michelle Lewis were very informative and knowledgeable and explained the information in a way that was easily understood. Everyone we had contact with was appreciative that we were being seen in their practice. I would highly recommend this practice to friends and family.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2015

Dr. Ghobad Azizi's Credentials

• Univ Hamburg, Krankenhaus Eppendorf, Fak Med, Hamburg (407-21 Pr 1/71) (Grad. 1993)

GHI