You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Ghobad Azizi

I feel very confident that Dr. Azizi is the best doctor I could possibly have for my particular Thyroid problem. He is caring, professional in his manner and listens attentively to my questions and concerns. His office staff is wonderful. How fortunate we are to have a doctor of his caliber in this area.

flag | Submitted November 18, 2015

Dr. Azizi if great at fine needle aspirations but when it comes to treating Hypothyroid he is a major fail. Synthetics didn't work for me so after 9 months of playing around try this, try that, he finally put me on NDT-Armour. Unfortunately he doesn't understand how to treat with it. He goes by the useless TSH -pituitary hormone instead of the thyroid hormones (t-3, t-4) leaving me to have rebound hypo symptoms worse than what I started with. My last visit, once again insisted he wanted to lower my dosage after my GP raised it and had me feeling better. When I discussed this with him he said a low TSH like mine might cause afib., I informed him this is the first time in many years that my irregular heartbeat disappeared. It didn't matter, he'd rather go by the tsh than see me be healthy. Major fail Dr. Azizi, learn what you're doing before you decide to treat people with Natural dessicated thyroid med. All your doing is messing me up and keeping me ill. By the way....YOU'RE FIRED! Won't be back for anymore of your ineptness!

flag | Submitted November 7, 2015

Very knowledgeable and sincere about helping his patients. He has helped my daughter and I so much over the years. Highly recommend him if you think you may have a Thyroid problem.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2015

I was not happy with Dr. Azizi, he would not listen to what I had to say only went by numbers. My daughter and I found another doctor. The staff was nice and seems to be helpful. But never felt like I get be better.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2015

flag | Submitted July 28, 2015

Michelle Lewis, PA is lovely. The lady in the lab is a peach. The rest of the staff seem annoyed by you disturbing them. Dr Azizi - well, he has done a tremendous job with research and diagnostics and working with Siemens to test and use the highest state of the art equipment available anywhere near Wilmington. BUT - I felt like he doesn't care about how his patients feel, he doesn't listen - only talks, and that is abrupt and abrasive. He will ask if you have questions, but interrupt and reply in a manner that shows his annoyance and irritation. I suffer from Hashimodo's and had my thyroid removed. After months of taking meds exactly as prescribed I still struggled with weight gain, fatigue, depression, etc. He told me it was simple, eat less and move more. I'm being followed closely by a nutritionist that has me on 1400 calories a day. He also told me NOT to drink lots of water. Only drink when I am thirsty. Why? He says the body is almost all water and it doesn't make sense to keep putting so much water in. Such a confusing statement which of course flies into the face of everything you've ever been told about the importance of drinking water, so I asked him to repeat himself. He got angry with me, snatched up his precious laptop and told me he was not going to waste any more time on someone that doesn't listen to him while he speaks, and stomped out of the room! So while I was a part of his study for the Siemens project, he was super nice - after all that and I'm just a plain ole post op, the real Dr Azizi came out. I was extremely disappointed in how nasty be became once I was no longer useful to him and he didn't care one bit if I left his practice.

flag | Submitted July 9, 2015

The entire staff was excellent. Very attentive to our needs and concerns. Dr Azizi and Michelle Lewis were very informative and knowledgeable and explained the information in a way that was easily understood. Everyone we had contact with was appreciative that we were being seen in their practice. I would highly recommend this practice to friends and family.

flag | Submitted April 15, 2015

As a first time patient, I was very impressed with Dr. Azizi. His staff wa very nice and took time with me. His P.A. Was very nice. She was very thorough questioning my symptoms, family health history and questioning my health habits. After finishing with the P.A. she took me to Dr. Azizi where he performed an ultrasound. She went over her conversation with me while he was preparing me for the ultrasound. He has state of the art equipment. He did find a nodule but the ultrasound showed the nodule to be benign but would being watching it for any change. After all previous blood testing by my primary care physician showed normal thyroid levels, Dr. Azizi found the nodule, thickening of thyroid, (just like the arteries in the heart thicken) and moderate enlargement of my thyroid. No discussion of treatment until all the blood work and ultrasound work was complete. Upon checking out, receptionist made my follow up appointment to discuss treatment and my six month checkup. I signed up for patient portal and can see all of my results online. I feel very blessed and so thankful to have found Dr. Azizi. After suffering from osteoarthritis for many years, it seems this autoimmune disease has affected the functioning of my thyroid. I feel confident that when I have my follow up visit with Dr. Azizi and a plan of action is put in place to help get my thyroid to more normal levels, the lethargy, hair loss and multiple other symptoms, will be brought under control. It took many years for my thyroid to get in the condition it is in so I know getting it to function at a more normal level will not happen overnight. Sometimes we , the patient, want instant results when we become ill. If I can feel even 50 percent better than I do now, I will be grateful. The aging process can be challenging at times due to illness or body parts wearing out or not functioning as they did in the past. but with doctors like Dr. Azizi, who are so dedicated to their work and keeping up with the advancements in their fileld, I feel very fortunate to live during this era of medicine. Thanks to Dr. Azizi, his PA and entire staff for treating me with kindess and great concern for my health.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2015

I would not recommend Dr. Azizi to anyone. While it is true that he is excellent at performing fine needle biopsies and ultrasounds I find him to be very arrogant and dishonest. I quit his practice because after he would do an ultrasound he would sit across the room and type on his laptop. When I would try and ask questions he would say give me a minute and keep on typing after which he would get up, open the door and dismiss me. About the only thing he would ever say was that I could have cancer and should have surgery. My biopsies were always benign and he was fixated on a high thyroglobulin number. The last time I saw him he spoke rudely and said there was no need to monitor me if I was going to refuse surgery. He did apology. However, I have decided to find another doctor. This morning I read his notes on my e-file and was surprised to find that he wrote that he had discussed the risks of thyroid surgery with me. I don't know who he discussed it with but it was not me. The only thing he ever said to me about thyroid surgery was that there was an extremely slight risk of having to have a trach. On my e-file he went into other risks that he never told me about. Above all else a physician should be honest and after reading his notes this morning I can come to only one conclusion. Thank goodness I had the good sense to leave his practice. I would certainly not recommend him to anyone. Also I found his staff to be very inefficient,

flag | Submitted March 28, 2015

Dr. Azizi and his staff take the time to talk to you and answer all your questions about your health care. He treats each patient as if that patient is the most important one.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2015

Dr. Ghobad Azizi's Credentials

• Univ Hamburg, Krankenhaus Eppendorf, Fak Med, Hamburg (407-21 Pr 1/71) (Grad. 1993)

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I feel very confident that Dr. Azizi is the best doctor I could possibly have for my particular Thyroid problem. He is caring, professional in his manner and li..."

November 18, 2015
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Azizi if great at fine needle aspirations but when it comes to treating Hypothyroid he is a major fail. Synthetics didn't work for me so after 9 months of ..."

November 7, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Very knowledgeable and sincere about helping his patients. He has helped my daughter and I so much over the years. Highly recommend him if you think you may h..."

September 28, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "I was not happy with Dr. Azizi, he would not listen to what I had to say only went by numbers. My daughter and I found another doctor. The staff was nice and se..."

August 23, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Always a positive experience. The staff and Dr. Azizi are very caring and take the time to listen. "

July 28, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "Michelle Lewis, PA is lovely. The lady in the lab is a peach. The rest of the staff seem annoyed by you disturbing them. Dr Azizi - well, he has done a tremendo..."

July 9, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "The entire staff was excellent. Very attentive to our needs and concerns. Dr Azizi and Michelle Lewis were very informative and knowledgeable and explained the..."

April 15, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "As a first time patient, I was very impressed with Dr. Azizi. His staff wa very nice and took time with me. His P.A. Was very nice. She was very thorough ques..."

April 11, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "I would not recommend Dr. Azizi to anyone. While it is true that he is excellent at performing fine needle biopsies and ultrasounds I find him to be very arrog..."

March 28, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Azizi and his staff take the time to talk to you and answer all your questions about your health care. He treats each patient as if that patient is the most..."

March 20, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I was referred to Dr. Azizi after my primary physician found a lump on my thyroid. I entered into a study that Dr. Azizi was doing using ultrasound and had se..."

February 17, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "There is no better, more knowledgeable, or more caring doctor than Doctor Azizi. He found Prostate cancer in the lymph nodes of my neck, then helped me find a U..."

January 30, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I have been a patient of Dr. Azizi for almost two years, and I am thoroughly pleased with the level of care he has given me. He has seen me through two thyroid..."

January 28, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Great Service. Patient portal is very useful and able to get a response quickly. He is a very knowledgeable and caring physician. Even when I know he has many..."

January 18, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "greatest service! I would highly recommend DR&STAFF to anyone in need of an endocrinologist!"

January 16, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Incredibly knowledgeable in his field! Within 1 month of seeing him for the first time, I had my thyroid removed & a cancer diagnosis confirmed. I get a quick r..."

January 16, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Great service! I would recommend them to anyone in need of an endocrinologist!"

January 5, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Azizi and his staff has taken excellent care of me and my family - that including watching over two pregnancies after going though thyroid cancer. I will f..."

December 1, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "After sudden declining health I was referred to Dr. Azizi by my rheumatologist after finding markers in my blood that showed a very sick thyroid. My first visit..."

October 27, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have always had a great experience with Dr. Azizi and his entire staff. He is the one who found my thyroid cancer 1 week later after the hospital missed it. D..."

October 12, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I love Dr. Azizi and his staff. I actually drive over 2 hours just to see him. He's taken excellent care of me and gotten me safely through three pregnancies co..."

September 22, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I love Dr. Azizi! I am a sixty year old woman that has been complaining of symtoms of thyroid disease for years, and he was the only one that FINALLY pinpointe..."

September 16, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' rating (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=152166'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.8

March 6, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' rating (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=152166'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 3.9

February 5, 2014