Ratings for Dr. Robert B. Mooney

Dr. Mooney must be in need of as much money from the insurance companies that he can squeeze out of them. It's apparent that he guesses a diagnosis and then treats it to see if he got it right. He orders test after test so you have to keep on going back to him to review results and to find out that you "might" have (insert diagnosis here). As I said in the review title, "guess and medicate" is NOT the proper practice of medicine. And if a patient's diagnosis is OUT of your scope of practice, then that doctor SHOULD be referring patients to a specialist of the PATIENT'S CHOICE. Dr. Mooney also refers a TON of his patients to ALL Geisinger specialists. I have to wonder if he is receiving any kind of a kickback for sending patients to them. That means it's possible that Dr. Mooney receives MONEY for sending his patients to Geisinger doctors. When a specific specialist was requested, the staff stated that Dr. Mooney said "no." And here I thought it was the PATIENT that was the boss of THEIR own body. If this is your doctor and you have never had a serious illness, then get out NOW before you DO. Because not only will Dr. Mooney guess at what you have and prescribe multiple medications, he will order a ton of tests and then send you to doctors that HE wants to send you to.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2016

Dr. Bob has been our family Dr. (2 Adults, 2 Teens) for 9 years. He takes time with his patients, is wicked smart, and has helped us through a host of ailments from heart issues, kidney stones, to more common health challenges. His attentiveness and willingness to go above and beyond reminds of the way Drs. used to behave until the insurance companies took over healthcare. Excellent Dr, good guy, responsive staff.

flag | Submitted May 4, 2015

Recently wrote an article in Centered Magazine about Lyme disease, and it's riddled with mis-information and flat out incorrect information. He's trying to sound like an expert and has no clue what he's talking about. I wouldn't trust him!

flag | Submitted August 8, 2014

You can't find a better doctor anywhere -- when Dr. Mooney sits down to think about a perplexing health problem you know he is going to figure it out. The world would be a better place with more doctors and staff like this great team! My parents and I have received both brilliant and compassionate care.

flag | Submitted December 3, 2013

If he spent half of the time helping patients as he does ranting on Facebook maybe he'd be a better doctor who actually seemed like he cared.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2013

Bob's been my doctor for 20 years. He's the best, but don't take my word for it. The specialists I see have great respect for his knowledge and thoroughness. He's a community treasure.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2012

An amazing, amazing doctor. Could not ask for more from this office or doctor. Dr. Mooney LISTENS when you get the time to see him. He asks lots of questions and if you answer to the best of your ability you will get to the root cause. He is willing to try alternate methods of treatment, new medicine ideas (as he is part of PSU clinical reserach studies) and open to patient oppositions etc. I would suggest to anyone in the State College area to seek out Dr. Mooney as primary care physician as he is one of the best. I am struggling now to find anyone nearly comparable to him in the DC Metro area. Much love!

flag | Submitted January 19, 2012

Dr Mooney and his staff have been great with every situation we have brought to him for the last 19 years including being my 16 year old sons primary doctor. I am very thankful and lucky to have someone that stays in touch and cares like he does. He will not sugar coat anything which is what I would expect from any adult professional. We came by him in a on call situation and switched to him as primary because of his knowledge and caring of our situation which our primary at the time was lacking in.

flag | Submitted December 16, 2011

Dr. Mooney has been my doctor for almost 20 years. He has dealt with my chronic, and complicated health issues with compassion, empathy, & knowledge. His honesty is often times confused with arrogance. He demands his patience be part of his team to become well.He tells it like it is, and I appreciate that. He has also been doctor to my grown children, since childhood,and is great with kids/adolescences. He care about his patients, and is always educating himself with the latest treatments,and is open to input from his patience. His office staff and nurses are all wonderful. We recently moved to WA state and what I miss most about PA is Dr. Mooney and the confidence I have in him.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2010

Been my primary care doctor for almost 20 years and has helped me conquer some complicated health issues. Dr. Mooney and his staff are completely professional and courteous, and more importantly, they care. I don't know what I would have done without them.

flag | Submitted August 13, 2009

Dr. Robert B. Mooney's Credentials

• Philadelphia College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 1983)

Top Hospitals in State College, PA