Ratings for Dr. Patrick Han

Went to Han after 19 years post op from 2 cerv. fusions (C4-5, C6-7) and a plate, 18yrs of opiates and chronic pain. I had researched artificial discs and Dr Han extensively and was interested in the possibility of tapping Han's experience. He informed me in my first visit that I was probably not a candidate for the artificial discs but that their might be a better resolution. He ordered all the necessary tests. I took these results and consulted several other Drs for differing opinions. Out of the 4, all concurred with Han's take on things, but none were willing to risk the procedure. One said, "That would require, sawing bone and removing screws. There will be metal fragments and bone fragments and it will be risky for just a very little possibility of any relief." Han said it would be a 3 to 4 hour surgery. He went in and cut some bone off C3 that had grown down over the plate and removed the plate. He confirmed his preliminary diagnosis that the previous Ortho Surg.(1999 and 2000) had put the plate over a crushed disc at C5-6. I had 2 mm of space which was causing my chronic pain. He performed a discectomy and cleaned up the area, restoring my space and placing a spacer to preserve that space. He also cleaned out the C7-T1 space and placed a spacer their also with a new plate from C5 to T1. I woke from surgery with the stinging of a paper cut on my index finger from an envelope that I had opened the eve before surgery. I had not realized the lack of feeling I had in my finger tips. I also have NO pain in my neck, arms, and hands. I am now 6 weeks post op and have titrated off the opiates that I took for almost 2 decades! I understand that every condition is different and I hope that your situation has the same potential for recovery that mine did. One thing is for certain, If their is a potential for a repair in your unique case, Han will find it, give you the most informed advice available and then if he is willing to take the risks associated with your situation, he will provide you the best option for repair and recovery that you will find...

flag | Submitted April 25, 2018

Compassionate, knowledgeable, gifted, caring and trustworthy.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2018

Absolutely the best Dr. I have ever had. He has performed two surgeries on me and I cannot say enough good things about this Dr and his PA John and the whole surgery team. Beyond compare. I trusted him with my life and I would do it again if necessary. Office staff, always accommodating, cordial, very efficient and always thoughtful and kind. Thank you Dr. Han, John, surgery team and staff. May God bless each and every one of you. A very appreciative Althea L. Jewett

flag | Submitted April 8, 2018

Dr. Han and his team in neurosurgy were above and beyond amazing!! I had been referred to him by my primary doctor. I was still taking in all of the information that my MRI had revealed and after exhausting pain management resources. Dr. Han and his PA John thoroughly showed and explained to me my cervacle spine issues and although my spine had been squeezed and weakened, it was not damaged. Doctor Han's confidence that this could be fixed, as daunting as the risks were, I felt very comfortable trusting him. He and his team were supportive and answered all of our questions from initial consult through my last follow up appointment. I have not only gained practacly a new neck, pain free, unexpectedly both of my hands and arms are also pain free and I can draw and paint again without what I thought was moderate to severe carpal tunnel syndrome! Thank you all! God bless you Dr. Han!!

flag | Submitted March 22, 2018

Dr. Han is by far the most intelligent MD I have ever heard of. He has fixed my back just a week ago , and fixed my wife's back 4 years ago. He is like an Asian American Dr. Strange from the marvel movie. Or if all the other Dr's in Tulsa are like young padiwans and he is Yoda. If you want you're back or head fixed for good with no pain meds afterwards then Yoda Han is you're Neurologist

flag | Submitted January 22, 2018

Dr. Han has been a godsend for us. My diagnosis, severe spinal stenosis, was complicated by a cancerous tumor at the base of my skull but Dr. Han gave us hope that some relief would be accomplished thru c-spine surgery. He was thoughtful, attentive, and most of all an advocate for quality care during my hospital stay. His competence and compassion are second to non. He takes time to explain the risks and benefits and then we decide together what approach will bring the desired results. My quality of life was greatly improved by the successful procedure and we are so thankful to have him on our team.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2017

Dr Han is the very best! changed my quality of life completely, I would recommend him to anyone who has back issues, I could tell the difference immediately after surgery!

flag | Submitted October 11, 2017

Dr. Han is rude, dismissive, and the surgery he performed left me in a coma and on life-support for two weeks. This was a simply procedure that should have had me up and about in a short period of time. Here we are two years later and I am still relearning basic things. He nearly destroyed me, and has made my life miserable. I will recover, but I would strongly suggest people go to another doctor, especially if they are in need of brain surgery!

flag | Submitted June 22, 2017

Dr. Han is ya very knowledgeable and caring Dr. Explained procedure thoroughly

flag | Submitted January 20, 2016

Surgery went well so far. Post op care is nonexistent. 2 week follow up with assistant as scheduled. Needed clarification on medication and still having radiating pain down legs, have called numerous times, one week and still no return call. If all you need is a surgeon then by all means Dr is fine but definitely have a backup plan for after care.

flag | Submitted November 13, 2013

Dr. Patrick Han's Credentials

• University Of Kansas School Of Medicine (Grad. 1997)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal