Ratings for Dr. Malcom M. Desouza

Dr. Desouza has been my doctor for over six years. He did surgery and found tumors that I did not know I had. Thank goodness for him!!! They were benign. He and his staff are super people and he is very kind and polite as well as his staff. I have no complaints only good thoughts!

flag | Submitted October 23, 2012

He's very kind, that's true. But his nurse and receptionist are SOOOO RUDE... I do not want to see them again. I thought I could stand that, but truly, I could not. I never left the consultation feeling content, even though he was nice and calm, and treated me like a person, Dr De Souza could not answer my questions. He never told me his point of view about my concerns and the reasons about why making or not a study. Those things are very important to me when I chose a doctor.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2011

I am a patient of Dr. Desouza for 3 years. He also conducted my endometriosis surgery. He is very kind. He would call you directly to tell you about your test results and give enough explanations. He is the best!

flag | Submitted November 29, 2010

Best doctor I have ever had. Highly recommended. Was enthusiastic supporter of my childbirth choices and helped me deliver a healthy baby boy naturally.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2009

I've only met him once, and had one exam with him, but I was totally satisfied with my experience. He put my conception fears to rest, and his exam was very thorough. Three other important points of note: first, he TALKS to you in his office before and after the exam; second, he calls you with your test results (rather than mailing you some obscurely-worded letter like Reiter-Hill does); and, thirdly, he talks with you personally over the phone if you need medical advice or a Rx. I found this especially helpful. I hate having to explain things to receptionists before I talk to the doctor. His office is small, but clean and cozy. I can't really speak to his medical staff. They seemed pleasant enough. My test results came back in two days. He was very easy to talk to and he's very gregarious and smiley. He allayed some of my worries but backed up his opinion with solid medical information. He talks to you during your pelvic exam, which I personally like (he's also gentle). Overall, A++

flag | Submitted June 16, 2009

He was friendly and personable but as a male he didn't quite seem to understand or appreciate the severity of the situation. He tried to convince me to just continue taking birth control for my severe endometriosis that I've had for over 12 years. He told me that I didn't want to go through a laproscopy and dismissed the idea. I got a second opinion and ended up having the surgery two weeks later. It was the best thing I ever did! I still think he's a nice man, but as a male he doesn't fully appreciate the excruciating pain associated with gynecological disorders. P.S. One of his nurse's was EXTREMELY rude and I will not regret not having to see her again!

flag | Submitted August 9, 2007

Dr. DeSouza and Debbie were a saving grace for me. I had a previous pregnancy loss at 30 weeks as well as a recent ectopic when I landed in his office. I read an article online from the Washington Post about his great office--100% accurate! Not only were he and his staff professional, but they were very compassionate and understanding of my emotional sensitivity and my need for additional care with my pregnancy. Although with my last pregnancy I delivered pre-term at 36 weeks, I now have a 7 mo old little boy, Benjamin and another baby on the way! I was guided and cared for skillfully and with great care! He is truly a blessing to his profession! Jami Adams, Washington DC

flag | Submitted September 6, 2006

Very professional and detailed in his explanations, very kind and patient.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2006

Dr. Malcom M. Desouza's Credentials

• Eastern Virginia Medical School (Grad. 1990)