Ratings for Dr. Robert R. Moore

Dr. Moore is great! He's kind, through and knowledgeable. I have been a patient of his for 30 years and have referred several family members and friends, over the course of this time. In addition, I have always had great insurance, come w/ a check in hand to cover my nominal co-pay, have never owed the office any money or carried a balance of any type. However, Donna, his wife and receptionist is obnoxiously rude, unprofessional and downright nasty! Its absolutely impossible to get a same day appointment any for a sick visit b/c Donna will request you call back on a daily basis to find something that fits her schedule. Fortunaly, my husband and I are rarely sick and will always use the Stoneman outpatient clinic to avoid dealing w/ Donna. Last week, she called to request I come in for a yearly checkup b/c I had not been to the office in over a year in a half. BC/B/S does not require copays for physicals, so I didn't bring a check today. Upon checking in Donna informed me the visit would billed as a check up and told me that I needed get her the $30 cash, prior to the appointment. When I informed her that I would prefer not to pay the ATM fees and would put her check in there mail immediately, upon returning home, she threw a self addressed envelope at me and slammed the glass window divider shut. If Dr. Moore wasn't such a great Doctor and I thought Donna was somewhat sane, I would have immediately walked out! I'm sure she must have something seriously wrong with her head b/c she asked me if I wanted to book a physical and wished me a good day, upon leaving.

flag | Submitted August 1, 2017

I have a long history with Dr. Moore, as I've been seeing him for the majority of years he's been practice. Overall, I find him to be knowledgeable, thorough, and warm. However, since he went into his own practice his office was very hard to deal with. His wife is his receptionist, which makes it very hard to complain about her (though I have), but she makes it very difficult to be a patient there.She's very rude, unfriendly, and makes it very clear that money is her bottom line. Cash or check for your copay are they next words she says after you give her your name, without fail. I've been turned away for not having my copay before. I've never been to a practice where they wont bill you if you forget your checkbook!! Also, very hard to get out of network referrals from her- he will always do it if you can get to him, which usually involves coming in & being charged for an office visit. As much as I like him, I've been looking for a new primary because the hassle isn't worth it anymore.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2012

Excellent doctor but not there when needed. When a crisis happens, he's either on vacation, a day off (Weds & Fri), or at a medical conference. There is no reference to a referral doctor and sometimes no answering machine message at all. His office manager can be rude on occasion, although I've never been treated rudely by Dr. Moore himself. If all you need is a physical each year, this is a great choice. But, if you need close coordination of a serious problem over months or years, look to a good group practice where a doc is always available.

flag | Submitted October 14, 2009

Dr. Moore is a wonderful, kind doctor I would and have recommended him to friends & coworkers. I almost decided to find a new doctor because of his rude receptionist. She verbally degraded me where anyone in the waiting room could hear because I didn''t have my co-pay and had owed $5 back in 2006. I did call before my appointment and let her know that I wouldn''t have the $25 but would that friday. Receptionist needs to go. Yes, I did go back friday and pay the $30.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2008

Dr. Robert R. Moore's Credentials

• UNIVERSITY OF MASSACHUSETTS MEDICAL SCHOOL (Grad. 1989)