Ratings for Dr. David I. Astrachan

I have know Dr Astrachan for over 20 years. He is a remarkable Dr. He always spends time with you and explains everything clearly. I would highly recommend !!!

flag | Submitted May 7, 2019

Treated me like dirt when he saw I had gained weight over the years. Put me in a sleep study even though I did not have sleep apnea. It was the worst sleep of my life! I will never go back to him.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2019

I have had the worst experience with Astrachan as far as doctors ever!! He not only has the worst bedside manner but treats you as if you aren't important enough for him to even bother with. He is arrogant, insincere and really did NOTHING for my ailment. I would never recommend him to anyone!

flag | Submitted February 26, 2018

My past experiences with the doctor have been good. My most recent experience with his staff was most disconcerting. I made an online appointment through Zocdoc, filled out all the online check-in questions, added some notes on my condition for the doctor. After spending thirty minutes or so online making the appointment, the system confirmed my appointment. When I showed up at the appointment time, the staff told me I wasn't "in the computer" and that I couldn't get an appointment for nearly 60 days out! Sure enough, when I got back home and checked my online Zocdoc profile, my appointment was labeled "the office cancelled". Having a system that makes the patient think they have an appointment when, in fact, they do not does a disservice to both the patient and to the doctor's reputation. I will think twice before booking an appointment with Dr. Astrachan again, solely because I can not be sure I will be seen when I arrive!

flag | Submitted March 27, 2017

He definitely knew what he was talking about. However he could have been nicer.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2017

Only good things to say about Dr. Astrachan, his staff, his facilities. I was treated with respect, compassion and I am thrilled with the results.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2016

Doctor Astrachan can work wonders for a deviated septum. I have always had a deviated septum and put off seeing an ENT doctor my whole life (29 years), but I fell and broke my nose in November. That’s when I knew I had to do something. I used these reviews to pick my doctor. I met with him and he is very knowledgeable and caring. He suspected me of having sleep apnea and recommended me to a specialist before I go through with the surgery. Turns out he was right! After that was taken care of I went back to discuss a surgery date and it turns out he had a cancellation right before the new year. It was only 3 or 4 days out so his team rushed to get the insurance to sign off on it and fast forward 3 1/2 weeks later I feel like a new person! I can breathe again. Don't do what I did and research about septoplasty, none of that is true with Dr. Astrachan. He had me in and out in no time. Best part is my insurance paid for the whole thing! If you cannot breathe properly do yourself a favor and go see Dr. Astrachan.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2016

I always waited awhile for him, then he was rushed when he finally saw me, moved me around room to room each time. Confusing to me. Last time I waited one hour and 50 minutes to be seen by him.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2016

On Oct 18th I feel and broke my jaw in two places, my husband took me to Midstate Hospital. The doctors concurred that broken my jaw but sent me to Hartford Hospital by ambulance. They also agreed yes my jaw was broken and said to eat a soft diet for 1 month it will take 6-8 weeks to heal, no medication was given to me. I saw another Oral surgeon on Oct 29th he was so upset that I was not treated and wanted to wire my jaw right there in his office, I got very upset. Dr Winestock also said I had a blood clot in my right ear I needed to be treated by an ENT doctor. So he sends me to St. Raphael’s Hospital and after 6 Oral surgeons examined me they said I needed to have surgery and put a plate in my jaw. They talked about it for 10 minutes then decided I didn't need surgery to continue the soft diet, sent home with no antibiotics again. I saw Dr. David Astrachen my ENT doctor on Oct. 31st and he was also upset I was not treated. He removed a chunk of blood from my right ear and called Dr. Lowlicht to see me and he did. He saw my x-rays and said I needed immediate surgery he said I needed a plate in my jaw or I can lose my teeth and suffer more complications. So Nov. 1st he operated on me and I am on the road to recovery. Dr. Lowlicht and Dr. Astrachen staff were so kind and caring. I felt so comfortable with them and I can't express enough my gratitude to Dr. Astrachen for sending me to Dr. Lowlicht . These two doctors are wonderful guys and awesome in what they specialize in their fields. I HIGHLY recommend both of them for treatment, I am forever thankful to both of them.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2014

My son recently went to Dr. Astrachan for Deviated Septum, this doctor was punctual and the surgery went well. He has great bed side manners and even called to find out how he was doing after surgery. It has been 3 weeks, my son is running on the treadmill and feels and breathes GREAT!!! I would highly highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

Dr. David I. Astrachan's Credentials

• Yale University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1984)

MSP/BC Med