Ratings for Dr. Robert E. Nelson

Dr. Nelson listens carefully to my symptoms, makes adjustments to my medications as needed and seems genuinely concerned for my well being. I feel very confident that I'm receiving good care in his hands.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2015

I was going to best psychiatric drs for years been under care for serious depression. I have had impatient, outpatient where you go from 8 till 2 something like that for a 2 week straight and extensive therapy. I was diagnosed by head of psychiatric unit at one of best hospitals in the state and all other outpatient psychiatric drs. this Dr within one half hour without taking much history gave me completely different diagnosis of bipolar. Wish I would have researched this dr. seems like I am finding so many complaints similar to mine. Glad I decided to find different Dr.I have to many serious medical issues as well without getting put on wrong meds cause he didn't diagnose me properly or take time to. I know some of these meds are risky enough. I rather drive the hour back up to get the best care from best doctors that have been treating me for years then drive 15 minutes to risk my health on this dr.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2014

I have been seeing Dr Nelson for several years for Bipolar. His questions are right to the point. His answers are thorough and educational and it is clear that he is right on top of what is current. He is flexible with meds and strives to find what works.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2012

Pushes Lithium,(harsh and generally drug of last resort), diagnoses almost every patient with BPD. Does not take the time needed nor seems to care enough to seek the best treatment.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2009

Very knowledgable in his field. Feel that he has his patients best interest at heart. Takes the time to listen and collaborate with the patient on their care.

flag | Submitted February 25, 2008

Dr. Robert E. Nelson's Credentials

• Duke University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1997)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Reading, PA