Ratings for Dr. Ellen Haig

Has a bad personality was very rude to me and is very cold hearted

flag | Submitted May 8, 2015

Dr. Haig has been my physician for almost twenty years. Her manner can indeed be short and she does not show much in the way of warmth, but the capacity for genuine care is there and apparent when grave situations.. If you can deal without much fuzzy-wuzzy (and I am one who really enjoys interacting with my professionals) you will have a hard time matching her knowledge and applicability of medical skills with other physicians. If you are interested in more holistic integration into your treatment, she's not very helpful, but on the standard treatment arena, she's excellent.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2015

After viewing the other comments, I might agree that Dr Haig is competent, but her manner is abrasive. She is not friendly, treats patients (my husband & myself) like a slab of meat and does not want to be engaged in any conversation be it about the procedure or otherwise. There was no acknowledgement of either one of us when wheeled into the rooms for our procedures and no discussion there about the procedure from her, only the anesthesiologist. She sat on the stool with her phone texting. Quite unprofessional. There is no eye contact when she speaks to you. Her face is in her pad of paper or the computer and one feels like she can't wait to get it all over with. Her response to my husband after his colonoscopy was "I removed 4 polyps which is 4 too many for my liking. You won't be waiting 5 years again". The pathology was clean and her recommendation was to return in 5 years!! WONT be returning to her again & will make sure the practice is aware of her rude and off-handed behavior.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2014

Was seen as an emergency referral and subsequently for followup care. Excellent treatment.Dr.Haig answered all my questions. At one point I needed another emergency appointment and was seen the same day! Her staff is both efficient, friendly and caring. I would recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted April 11, 2012

Only answer the questions she asks, add nothing more. Confrontational.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2010

does not communicate with patient . Gets very nasty when you conflict with her. The worse doctor in being able to communicate.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2010

Dr Haig is an asset to the practice. Very effective and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted February 10, 2010

Dr. Haig has been my doctor for many years. Because of her I am able to have a normal life after suffering for years with ulcerative colitis, peptic ulcer, etc. She was able to put me on the right medicine and I find her the best after all the doctors I had been to

flag | Submitted October 5, 2009

i went to see her years ago. Not super friendly, I wouldn't expect a stellar beside manner, if that's what you need from a doc.

flag | Submitted August 11, 2009

Dr. Ellen Haig's Credentials

• Spanish

• Albert Einstein College Of Medicine Of Yeshiva University (Grad. 1987)

Top Hospitals in Rockville Centre, NY