Ratings for Dr. Patrick A. Barrett

I went to Dr Barret's because I had a friend who goes to him. I asked my colleague and he told me Barret was good. Dr Barret is personable but that's it and was helpful. The Barret was fine despite having to wait a long time. My biggest concern is his staff. I cringe everytime those gossiping, menthol smoking, busy bodies help me with anything. Be a little professional, I know office admin does not require the highest of education but it's a family office. Show some maturity and respect to the clients. Service is a must in any occupation. No one would go to any of Bobby Flay's resturaunt if his staff was horrible. All in all there are plenty of good Doctors in NY, a bad staff can really be a liability to your own business.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2013

I been seeing him since deer park.since being on his own he has grown a set of brass ones.who posts a note that if you are 20 minutes late you have to reschedule.if your on time he s running 2 hours late and he dosent care.needed copies of MY records he wanted $500.00 for them.the guy has a don't you know who I am attitude,well you are a terrible dr.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2012

Good luck if you don't have 2 hours of your day to kill. I have been with Dr. Barrrett since his Deer Park office so I have seen things get worse over time. Even if you see the PA, the wait time is insane, both in the waiting room and examining room. Since the overall quality of service is fair at best, it is hard to justify the wait. The staff will tell you to be the first appointment in the morning or right after lunch, but you still wait forever. There are too many other very competent doctors out there to have to put up with such poor business practices.

flag | Submitted June 19, 2010

I visited office numerous times complaining of same symptoms. I had a CT scan done as prescribed. The scan showed a few things that should have been investigated into some more but really was give a somewhat of a brush off. Each visit there afterward, still in pain and not being taken serious, he insisted that all the pain I was experiencing was all in head and suggested to see a psychiatrist. I finally changed doctors, bought a copy of my CT scan, and just upon a visual examination of myself at the new doctors office and without even looking at the scan , was immediately sent to see a surgeon where I had to have surgery right away. I winded up requiring two surgeries since I had the problem for so long. The surgeon said I was lucky. I will never be the same person as before. Take that for what's worth.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2009

He's knowledgeable enough, and a nice guy -- problem is he is just not available when I need him to be. More than once I have been told his schedule was way too full for me to be seen in a timely manner. It's not like you can schedule getting sick ahead of time. When I have gotten in for a visit, I felt rushed. Finally, I just had to find a new doctor.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2009

Very nice and very caring type. Will make you feel more like a person instead of only patient.

flag | Submitted May 8, 2008

Although I have been treated by Dr. Barrett for various things, the fact of the matter is that even with an appointment, you will get called approx 1 hr late and at the most 2hrs. I would caution people attempting to get caring treatment here because it seems like a factory.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2008

His availability is awesome. You can talk to him. His office calls immediatelly blood results or any other tests are received and if follow up is needed.

flag | Submitted March 3, 2008

Dr. Patrick A. Barrett's Credentials

• New York College Of Osteo Medicine Of New York Institute Of Technology (Grad. 1995)

Harvard-Pilgrim