Ratings for Dr. Jerome A. Hanowsky

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY! If there is one GOOD thing about my appointment with "doctor" hanowsky, it's that my insurance paid for it and not me- he is not helpful at ALL... He immediately (before talking to me) told me that I needed psychotherapy, then he sat there and stared at me telling me that I needed to think about it and tell him why I have depression. Seriously, he is TERRIBLE and I would definitely reccommend buying a pet rock to talk to you before paying this guy any money.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2010

Like the other reviewers here, my experience with Dr. Hanowsky was disappointing at best. To top it off, I received a "past due" bill out of the blue - for services I had paid for months ago! Sure, Dr. Hanowsky will cure your depression - by making you feel highly irritated instead!

flag | Submitted October 9, 2008

When I first went to Dr. Hanowsky, there were no reviews here, so I thought I'd give him a try. I was depressed and needed serious help. Unfortunately, every session with Dr. Hanowsky was completely pointless - he offered NO real advice, gave NO diagnosis and there was VERY LITTLE interaction on his part. I could have talked to a wall for an hour and saved $300 bucks. I was even billed full-charge for an appointment I missed. UGH. He seems to be against medication, so be prepared for the years of "intensive therapy" that he'll probably recommend. I now see a different doctor who, from the beginning, gave me a real plan for fighting depression. Bottom line: If you leave your 1st session not feeling any better, find someone else!

flag | Submitted April 7, 2008

Dr Hanowsky is a typical pompous MD egotist. He misdiagnosed my wife, telling her "that it was all in her mind" and that she was "drug seeking". My wife was suffering from intusseption and adhesions of the small bowel, when Dr Hanowsky tried to have her committed. My wife takes no drugs-she dosen't even fill her RX's for pain meds. Stay away from this guy!

flag | Submitted March 2, 2008

Dr. Jerome A. Hanowsky's Credentials

• Univ Of Il Coll Of Med, Chicago Il 60680 (Grad. 1969)

Top Hospitals in San Ramon, CA