Ratings for Dr. Nili N. Alai

I hate shots and am a great big chicken!! My treatment here with Dr. A was painless! I would absolutely recommend Dr. Alai for any type of dermatology care and especially if you need a tag removal.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2016

I had seen every doctor and specialist imaginable for my eye rash. Nothing worked. I was taking my latest prednizone pill pack and had given up hope. I found Dr. Alai in SuperDoctors and after a lot of research went to see her. I instantly knew and felt I was at my final doctor. My eyes were better after just two days and no nore prednisone. I had a follow up appointment but was doing so well I havent needed to go back. The nurse was exceptionally nice and she really helped me out. They all were compassionate to my plight. I would recommend this dermatologist for complicated eyelid rashes.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2015

Dr. Alai is one of the most knowledgeable doctors I have seen. Her staff is always professional. She is extremely competent and a great surgeon. Would always go back there as I know it will be an excellent experience.

flag | Submitted October 25, 2012

I would not have known about a really big cancer on my chin without Dr. Alai. I went in to see dr. Alai outside of my kaiser HMO plan for a cosmetic mole removal on my body. Dr. Alai found a rare growth called a microsictic adnexal cancer on my chin which was totally unrelated. I did not even see this growth and had no idea it was there. I am so grateful Dr. Alia cared enough was was thorough. She looked beyond what I was there to do. To save me money, she wrote a note for me to take to kaiser to have my biopsy covered by my plan. My doctors and friends were very impressed.

flag | Submitted August 24, 2012

I am extremely disappointed with my visit to Dr. Alai. I was a new patient and went in for a full body check. She was not at all thorough and did not spend adequate time with me. She recommended that I go to an office at UCI that does a high-tech scan. If she is going to recommend this type of procedure, then why did she even agree to see me for a body check? The amount of paperwork that needs to be filled out is ridiculous, with excessive focus on liability, insuring payment, etc. I have never had to do that kind of paperwork at any other doctor's office. Payment is required before you can see the doctor, which is ridiculous since it is unknown what you need to have done until the doctor sees you and determines what is needed. I could go on and on. Honestly, I have never had such a negative experience at a medical office.

flag | Submitted August 8, 2012

Great dermatologist! Dr. Alai is extremely knowledgeable and thorough. She took the time to explain everything and gave me detailed written instructions. The office is clean and comfortable. The staff is professional, very friendly, and also knowledgeable. I have had a few procedures (biopsies/facials/laser hair removal)and all have been painless and quick.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2012

Over the course of the past 18 months, Dr. Alai has mis-diagnosed 2 separate conditions, resulting in anxiety, stress, unnecessary procedures, and unrecoverable expenditures of money. Despite medical documentation, Dr. Alai refused to even consider the possibility of an error. Furthermore she consistently overbooks, resulting in waits as long as 45-60 minutes. Her office is grossly understaffed generating short tempered,ill-prepared young assistants, unconcerned with patients as human beings. Dr. Alai, because of the overbooking, is often rushed and impatient in responding to questions pertinent to my conditions. I often felt pressured to purchase expensive skin care products at her office, only to later learn they are inexpensively available, over the counter, at CVS or Long's. Each time I tried to address my concerns with her, Dr. Alai waved me off and told me to talk to her nurse who was busy with other patients. Try as I did to give her the benefit of the doubt, I'm done with her.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2012

Definitely would not recommend Dr. Alai. I agree with all of the negative comments above. In general, she is medically knowledgeable, but the office seems understaffed and poorly organized. After being a patient for over a year, I got a letter suggesting that another doctor "would be better suited to my medical needs". This was a strange coincidence, soon after my group insurance had changed to a plan that was less favorable to Dr. Alai's "pay up front" policy. I've since found another doctor, who after three visits, hasn't even asked me for a co-pay. Furthermore, an insurance professional of 26 years told me he had never hear of a doctor treating a patient in this manner.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2011

I have been Dr. Alai's patient for many years, but today I decided to seek a new dermatologist. Over time, the quality of her service has degraded. While I feel she is medically knowledgable, she keeps her patients waiting (frequently 45 minutes +), has her patients sign countless liability related forms (more than any other doctor I've known), pushes botox, fillers and other cash only, immediate-pay services, and seems less and less intereted in listening to and serving her patients. She will stretch what could be attended to in one appt. into several appts. Making money is her priority. She has a high rate of turnover among her staff members, and does a poor job of training her employees. She is arrogant and defensive. She is deficient in business knowledge, people skills and common sense. I would seek another more efficient, caring dermatologist.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2010

Tried to get initial appointment for full body review, but they only will do half the body at one time. What is that???

flag | Submitted May 17, 2010

Dr. Nili N. Alai's Credentials

• University Of South Alabama College Of Medicine (Grad. 1994)

Kaiser-Permanente

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I hate shots and am a great big chicken!! My treatment here with Dr. A was painless! I would absolutely recommend Dr. Alai for any type of dermatology care a..."

March 14, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had seen every doctor and specialist imaginable for my eye rash. Nothing worked. I was taking my latest prednizone pill pack and had given up hope. I found Dr..."

July 13, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "http://www.lagunaskincenter.com" to "http://lagunaskincenter.com/". Address has been updated from "None" to "26081 Merit Circle". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "19495827699".

June 3, 2015
  • 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed

October 29, 2013
  • First Name changed from "Nili" to "Nili N."

October 20, 2013