Ratings for Dr. R. Bitonti

Excellent care in all ways. Medical records paper based so cross-references aren't always accurate. Means extra work for staff but has no negative effect on the health care patients receive.

flag | Submitted February 17, 2017

responsive, caring, and provides clear information on your medical issue and treatments.

flag | Submitted January 31, 2017

Awesome doctor! Very kind and caring. She treats you as if you are a family member. Never rush through appointments always take time to explain and to ask questions. She's an outstanding Family Physician. Very knowledgeable and full of empathy

flag | Submitted October 6, 2016

I see Dr. Bitonti when I cannot get in to see my main GP, who practices at the same clinic. I will no longer book with her, due to her outdated views on women's sexual health. She decided it was appropriate to discuss her views on abortion with me after I had suffered a miscarriage and had a medically necessary D&C. The last thing I wanted to do at my appointment was be involved in an argument about women's rights, but that's what happened. Her beliefs should bear absolutely no impact on any woman's choices, especially when it comes to reproductive health.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2016

Dr. Bitonti is horrible! She's been my families family doctor for over 9 years and she is least concerned about our issues! She does not pay attention to your needs at all and is very rude , she was very negligent during a personal check up and due to that my family member was in 2nd stage of breast cancer because she did not even advice us to go do a mammogram when she felt it! She tries and rushes you out the door and does not prescribe medication that she says is against Catholism. I'm in search of a new family doctor because I am just fed up with having to go into walk in clinics to get medicines she won't prescribe to me. The staff at the clinic has improved greatly after that separated the staff according to doctors!

flag | Submitted January 30, 2016

I agree the staff at this clinic have become much more agreeable and friendly, and that makes a big difference. I also agree that Dr Bitonti is a good and warm doctor. I first saw her many years ago when she was a locum and am pleased to be back with her now my longtime doc has sold her practice. Re her religious beliefs: I have no problem with her right to those. In Canada docs are allowed to decline service that offends their beliefs, WHEN that service is readily available elsewhere and where the law allows such "discrimination" (I would not excuse a doc who declined to treat a g*a*y person, for example). I'm definitely a lapsed Catholic and Dr Bitonti knows that, but she's good-humoured about it. She's upfront about not administering birth control when she takes you on as a patient, and if doc-assisted suicide comes in (as I hope it does), I'd bet a million bucks she wouldn't do that, but she's okay on other conservative fronts. By the way, I find it incredibly discriminating that this website won't accept a comment with the word "g*a*y" included in it without this stupid way of getting round it. Get real, folks.

flag | Submitted October 19, 2014

Dr. Bitonti has been our family doctor for the past seven years, since she was at the old Hanna clinic. We've always found her very helpful, empathetic, and she really takes the time to understand your concerns and issues. She does have strange views about birth control, but she just refers you to another doctor who issues it. It's not an problem for us, because we really value everything else that she offers (knowledge, commitment). We're really lucky to have found such a great family doctor that we could stay with over the years.

flag | Submitted May 21, 2014

Interesting comments re her Catholicism. I don't share her beliefs, but she's entitled to them, she's upfront about them if relevant (but doesn't push religion at you) and she's not denying you service because it's available elsewhere re birth control. She's a good doctor, and I agree with all the comments that she makes you feel as if you and your health matter to her. No rushing you out the door, yet somehow wait times are not bad. The staff at this clinic seem friendlier now than in the past, so maybe criticism has seeped through somehow! There used to be one young man there who called everybody a girl, which irritated the hell out of me as a middle-aged woman, and few staff smiled or even looked at you directly. Nowadays they seem much more pleasant, and it makes a big difference to any patient's day, I'm positive. So yep, the clinic staff have improved and Rosa Bitonti is still A-okay with me after years as my family doc.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2012

Strange reactions which have offended me; was told to go to a clinic so I could get a recommendation to go to a gynecologist so I could have an IUD inserted. That's not right. I wanted a wart removed from my toe, and her response was "it's on the bottom of your foot, who cares?" Otherwise, she is good. Certainly does not milk the system by shuffling you in and out and trying to get you to come in for every little thing. The staff is unprofessional (rolling eyes)and unhelpful, nothing you request is possible.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2011

I have been with Dr. Bitonti since she was at Hanna Medical. It was a fluke that I met her and I am so happy I did. She is thorough, knowledgeable and takes the time to KNOW you. You don't find that very often. I would recommend anyone to her. I do understand that she has some beliefs about Birth Control but in a way, I understand and you can get Birth Control at any clinic if need be. She is personable, reliable and very honest. I am so happy I stumbled across her. I will be needing her now more than ever. :)

flag | Submitted April 18, 2011