Ratings for Dr. Stanley M. Hertz

I can only say Dr. Hertz has been one of the best practitioners I've ever used. He has always taken the time to listen. He has always made it clear he is available in an emergency and has set up sessions in event of emergency. He is very knowledgeable about medication and is cautious about increasing it if there is any concern. He has explained side effects and works with me to reach an optimal, effective dose that helps me to feel better. I'm alive and wouldn't be if it weren't for him. I e reached many happy milestones with his help.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2017

This is a true story. Dr. Hertz should be named Dr. Hurts. Son was a patient of Sigmund Freud wannabe for ONE YEAR, suffering frim depression aND sadness. His condition was NEVER stabilized. The medicines prescribed did not work. Yet, he kept him on them. Finally, he prescribed a secondary backfill of a medicine advertised on TV. A slight positive result was achieved for a while, then he was back to being sad and depressed. Rather than prescribe something new, Dr. Hurts increased the dose. SON COLLAPSED ON THE KITCHEN FLOOR FROM THE MEDICINE. I HAD TO PICK HIM UP. We called Dr. Hurts to tell hin, and he said, take him to his medical doctor to rule out physical sickness. We did that. The physician said it was a reaction from the increased medicine. Dr. Hurts then said "discontinue the medicine totally." So now son is sad and depressed again after a year. We asked why he was discontinuing the medicine totally, instead of going back to the lower dose, and he gave us some nonsensical reason. ONE YEAR. THIS KID IS AS BAD AS HE WAS WHEN WE STARTED. NO WONDER HURTS LIVES AND PRACTICES FROM A NICE HOUSE IN AN EXPENSIVE TOWN ON LONG ISLAND. HE BILLS OUR INSURANCE FOR A YEAR AND GETS NO RESULTS. WE ARE SWITCHING TO ANOTHER DOCTOR AND STARTING OVER.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2015

Family member has been seeing Dr Hertz for over a year. All appointments are 5 minutes. Doesn't take time to know clients and difficult to get a hold of...does not return calls promptly.

flag | Submitted December 11, 2014

i have been going to Dr. Hertz for many years and he is fantastic. listens to all symptoms and is knowledgeable about meds. someone mentioned earlier about insurance issues, however many thigns have changed! insurance will only cover a doctor if he sees a pt at least once every 3 months. His scheduling is great too and if you can't make it and he feels it is safe, he will allow for a phone appointment. the appointment can be as long or as short as you want it to be.

flag | Submitted September 20, 2012

Fleecing the Insurance Industry Dear Prospective Patient of Dr. Stanley Hertz, I was a patient of Dr. Hertz for over ten years before he compromised professional ethics in an attempt to extort office visits. At the end of my last office visit, Dr. Hertz wrote a prescription for three months’ worth of medication, which was odd because he had always provided a year’s worth. I assumed, since he electronically communicates with online pharmacies, that it was the procedural policy of my new pharmaceutical provider, Medco. It was not: I learned, some months later, that Dr. Hertz’s intentionally manipulated the prescription in an attempt to make me schedule unnecessary office visits.

flag | Submitted August 5, 2010

I have been using the services of Dr Hertz for 3 yrs for 3 family members and I am very pleased. Dr Hertz always has listened to complaints about side effects and has changed meds or lowered them accordingly. He has answered all our questions about meds and treatment. And when a question falls outside of his specialty he has made calls on our behalf and referred us to specialists. He has always made time available for urgent visits. I find him to be genuinely concerned with the welfare of my children and will continue to use him in the future and recommend him to others.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2010

dr hertz is extremely knowledgable with his profession and is not so quick to up the dosage of meds. he listens to whatever side effects i am experiencing and will either lower the dosage or change meds. also, one time i had a panic attack and he returned my call and made some suggestions and calmed me down. he is a breath of fresh air. i strongly recommend him.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2009

I have been a patient of Dr.Hertz for 10 years on and off. My major issue was an eating disorder that was very complicated, Dr. Hertz and his knowledge of medication saved my life. His compassion helped me through many difficult days. I recommend Dr Hertz highly

flag | Submitted June 22, 2009

Did not care about my problem. In and out, just prescribed medication and didn't attend to side effects. No bedside manners, just wanted to make his money 9-5. Very unprofessional

flag | Submitted March 1, 2008

Dr. Stanley M. Hertz's Credentials

• New York Med Coll, Valhalla Ny 10595 (Grad. 1975)

MSP/BC Med