Ratings for Dr. Michael S. Glasser

Health Care Consumers take note: We do NOT have to settle or endure poor treatment ! We PAY for our health care in this country..somehow...someway....EVERYDAY! Dr. Glasser is sort of a "Nice Guy" but, patient beware. 1) His personal asst. runs the store, and she is rude, bossy and unqualified! 2) Glasser can often be flakey, forgetful and even aloof! 3) Has problems with examining and answering 'female' oriented concerns! 4) He is controlled by the non medical administrators of Murray Hill Medical Group! Both my husband and I were " FIRED" by MHMG and we LOST all of our doctors, after nearly 20 years as his/their patients! MY HUSBAND ALMOST DIED WHILE TRYING TO FIND NEW DOCTORS AND CARDIAC PRESCRIPTION REFILLS! Dr. Glasser >MHMG Fascist control, will FIRE, without notice, discussion, etc... The NANO second they/ he has to 'handle' anything that gets in the way of priorities: workouts, and late week, backpack secured... Rush to fire island, patients get thrown out. Do not use GROUPS!

flag | Submitted August 29, 2013

Interesting (not surprising) to see similar experiences. I was Dr Glasser's patient for 7 yrs. I was young with no real health problems, so his lack of thoroughness and rushed manner was not an issue. But at 37 I started to get sick alot--would go to Dr. G & he would say "it's a virus, nothing to do." Then I ran a fever for a week with no other symptoms. As usual, he said it was a virus, didn't take a blood test. After 10 days, my mother insisted I take a blood test. When results came in, he called and said I needed a chest x-ray. But his staff was too busy to get around to ordering the chest x-ray (said it wasn't urgent and would take at least a wk to get approval from insurance anyway). When I called a nervous wreak to push up test, Dr. G told me I was rude and fired me as a patient. Luckily a friend helped me get xray the next day. I had stage 4 lymphoma. I would have died if I wasn't lucky enough to have family with medical savvy and connections.

flag | Submitted June 27, 2013

Terrible doctor. Misdiagnosed conditions he thought I had three times, each time causing a fair amount of anxiety. Gave me medical advice that was just plain wrong. He couldn't care less about his patients and takes no time to understand them. I started going to him when I was fairly young and had no medical issues. He was great then but just doesn't know enough to be good should one have a real medical condition. He rushes through appointments, types into his computer without ever making eye contact and only gives diagnosis as he's walking the patient out, leaving no opportunity for asking questions. He's arrogant for no apparent reason and seems to be someone who became a doctor because that's what his parents wanted him to do. He cares more about working out than his profession. His staff is terrible as well, and it's impossible to reach the man if you ever have an issue. He leaves messages on answering machine which should be discussed personally. Bottom line: Don't bother.

flag | Submitted May 9, 2012

Dr. Glasser was my doctor when I first moved to the city 5+ years ago. Moving to NY is obviously stressful and I had all kinds of symptoms - I believe due to being overworked. He didn't do much to help these symptoms improve and I really have the impression he doesn't get women's bodies / issues. I repeatedly felt that I had no effective response/treatment for my issues! Then he failed to find out why I once had such high triglycerides level during my annual. I decided to look for another doctor. He had the guts to say: "I don't understand why this is happening". REALLY? What, am I the one supposed to understand/find out? And to complete the joke, he didn't do anything about it! Argh! I moved to a female doctor at MHMG. She never fails to try and solve my issues, she listens to me and contrary to Dr. Glasser, SHE CARES, and is always very thorough. I am sorry, but I have no respect whatsoever for this doctor and I almost feel inclined to file a complaint against him. Stay away!

flag | Submitted March 3, 2012

You can judge a professional by the staff they employ Dr Glasser's is terrible. I have wanted to replace him in the past but I run a biz and just didn't make the time to find someone else.Recently,I received a diagnosis that troubled me..actually he called me when I was walking to the train, "I have some bad news.." An empathetic dr would probably realize that after he told me the news, I may want to reflect on it and call him back..which I did @ 630 pm. I left a message with the service. He called me but was perturbed that I called after hours. Nevermind that my arm was numb and losing feeling in my hand, I called after hours! After a brief contentious exchange I hung up on him.This am I cancelled my physical. Later in the day I received a call from the rehab specialist at the group canceling my appointment "since I am no longer a member of the group." Why would a dr prevent a patient from seeing another dr? Especially when the patient is in pain...draw your own conclusion.--

flag | Submitted June 16, 2011

Dr. Glaser is a decent doctor, but his staff is awful. Disorganized, rude, and have made consistent errors. On top of that they charge you $100 if you miss an appointment. I would like to charge the staff $100 for all the times they messed up my prescriptions (example: did not put my last name on a prescription) and all the other times they have dropped the ball. I would not recommend this office to anyone.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2010

Dr. Glasser is very prompt, courteous and knowledgeable. I like that I do not have to wait in his office forever, as I've had to at many other doctors' offices. He asks just the right number of questions and he keeps a careful record of what was discussed on your previous visit. I highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted July 19, 2010

I like Dr. Glasser -- I'm a little neurotic and he manages to calm me down by listening and being thorough. I've gone to him for about 10 years now, but I'm also pretty healthy so there have been long times in between visits (years!).

flag | Submitted June 14, 2010

Dr. Glasser is great. He always sees the patient on time and he is very professional. His staff can use improvement, but comparitively they are above average, which is all you can hope for from a doctor's office.

flag | Submitted June 7, 2010

I would not recommend Dr. Glasser at all. HIs staff is abrupt and uncaring. Also, Dr. Glasser is anything but thorough during his initial consultation. He asks very few questions and doen't care to delve into your family history at all.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2010

Dr. Michael S. Glasser's Credentials

• New York University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1991)