Ratings for Dr. Marc S. Frost

I cannot say that I was satisfied with Dr Frost or any of the MDs that I've now had the misfortune of having to see over the course of the last year and half. Dr Frost was rude, unprofessional, and refused to listen to me as a patient. He and the other MDs that were assigned to "follow me," did anything but treat me for and manage the care of my diagnosis. He and the other MDs at the practice standby for essentially over a year span on my Cconditions/disorder grew exponentially worse. By the time I left the practice I was having an increased number of seizure episodes both in duration, intensity, and sheer numbers. When I contacted Dent numerous times regarding my concerns I was pretty much told not to worry about it. however, in the brief time that I had fortunately been a patient of Dr. Frost's at dent, I was seen in the local ERs/impatient ICU a total of approximately 12 times in less than 6 months. I would call his office and request to speak to the nurses and will be lucky if I gotten a phone call return to meet within 72 hours. Dr Frost ran all this testing, but never was able to pinpoint the cause of my condition, however refused to acknowledge that I should be concerned or alarmed at the rate it was progressing. Not to mention the fact that at one of my ER visit I had been given a Dilantin Push to control the episodes. Which did in fact work. However Dent saw the medication as being "barbaric," and warned me that I could not see on the medication long-term adding that they were hesitant to let me see on the medication at all. But then neglected to request/submit lab requests for me to have my monthly Dilantin level draws to determine whether not I was in a therapeutic range. (Never acknowledging that their poor follow-through as a practice potential he could have caused my levels to become toxic, or could have even increase the rate and wish my condition was exasperated. ) Finally when I had meet with a new neurologist (not linked to Dent), it somehow became my fault that I hadn't had good success or improvement under his care.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2017

I was very satisfied with Dr Frost and his staff. He not only listened to my concerns he provided helpful information and guidance. He is very knowledgeable and professional.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2015

Dr. Frost's Staff is very rude and not helpful at all. They act like your bothering them when you check in. Doctor does not listen and also had bad bedside manners. Dr.Nicolas Saikali is very professional and caring. Spends time and explains everything. I highly recommend Dr.Saikali.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2015

To start with, Dr. Frost's staff is very rude and ignorant. They talk more about their personal lives than help patients. When you need to get through to nursing all you ever get is a machine and your lucky if they call you back that day. My husband sees him for seizures and has been for a year, and his seizures are still uncontrollable. At one point they increased his medicine so much that it overdosed him because they "forgot" to put that they had already increased it once before... Also staff hung up on my husband stating they did not want to speak with him and Dr. Frost personally called us yelling stating that we are not to be rude to his staff???? When they in turn were the ones who were rude to us!! I've taken my husband to the ER again for his seizures and the ER DOC said to follow up with Dr. Frost so I call and he doesnt even want to see him in the office, just wants to increase his med over the phone.. poor excuse of a doctor and we are in process of transferring as I speak!

flag | Submitted February 4, 2014

Bedside manner is leaves musch to be desired. He was condescending and provided little information. We felt like a number.

flag | Submitted October 10, 2010

He misread my test results. He didn't listen. I knew more than him about sleep medicine which is sad considering I am only in high school. My mom and I laughed at him because he was saying such ridiculous things. He though I had mood problems. He was of no help when I was looking for answers to a serious ongoing health problem. Not a very good doctor at all. I would not recommended seeing Mr. Frost.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2010

I had a different doctor when I first started there which I thought was very good at listening. Dr Frost seemed to do what he wants and says what he wants no matter what the problem. Not saying I don't have sleep apnea but everything I would tell him, he would blame on sleep apnea. Finally convinced him something else was wrong. Did head ct found brain tumor.I also feel he didn't do his job properly about giving me a cpap instead of finding out what kind of machine I need. Paid over $1000.00 for a machine that doesn't work for properly and now he wants me to get a autopap after a year of complaining how it's not working on me right. I have no insurance and very little income. I can't afford another machine and what I'm I suppose to do with the other machine I just wasted all that money on.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2009

Dr. Frost may, may come across as slightly aloof at first, but he is also confident and knowledgeable and was able to answer the 1 question I had that 2 other practioners could not. He is systematic but will answer questions and the end of his consult. I felt very comfortable in his care and would highly recommend him. The staff and facility at Dent was also quite impressive.

flag | Submitted March 24, 2009

I agree with "Frost being cold as ice" I see Frost for my seizures,He doesn't have a good bedside manner, However, Frost has done a really good job in my treatment plan.

flag | Submitted July 18, 2008

Dr. Frost - AWEFUL! Like his name he is cold as ice. He is rude and generally uncaring. As a teenager when I saw him for intense migraine headaches his response was verbatim "...and what am I supposed to do about that?" He fast to provide a quick fix instead of doing more research into your condition. I would Never see him again.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2008

Dr. Marc S. Frost's Credentials

• State University Of New York Downstate Medical Center (Grad. 1990)