Ratings for Dr. Alexander G. Ruthven

I could write a book about that horrible office, The staff is very rude, you wait 3 to 4 hours for Dr Ruthven to see you for maybe 5 minutes, he does not look at you when he come in, except to say hello, he DOES not read your chart, he does NOT listen to what you are saying, he is too busy talking to the very rude Medical Assistant with her lap top!! He does not even know what medications that HE put you on.....I could (as I said, write a book) One day maybe I will, it would be a best seller, He needs to RETIRE!!!!!!!! And his staff should be picking up trash on the side of the road. SO GLAD I finally have a caring Dr. that does not mess up. and listens to me!!!!

flag | Submitted April 21, 2017

I've been going to Ruthven as my G.P. for nearly 30 years and, besides the long wait, he has been a very good doctor through my life up until these past three years. His staff through these times have been, at best, apathetic. Every one of those ladies there, including his R.N. need a personality overhaul or at least a dry enima. Maybe then they'll treat their patients with an ounce of respect. I had one of their interns ask me to pay my copay upfront and when I told her this was new to me as we have always been able to pay after the visit she gave me the "we've always done it this way" speech. So I told her how wrong she was because so was only an intern and around as long as I. Would not have said it if it weren't for her snotty attitude and it became more snotty after my statement where she decided to throw a pen at me to use instead of handing it to me. This is the average attitude with those who work in his office. The final straw happened this month when Dr. Ruthven told me he couldn't help me with what was wrong with me but wanted to see me in three months. What is wrong with me has been wrong with me for 2 months with no signs of getting better and that's my prognosis. I'm glad I've read that it takes forever for them to transfer because they better not do that for me. They do not want me to make that visit. They've already failed me; he's already fired; I don't need any more medical mess than I already have.

flag | Submitted December 26, 2016

Amount of time you wait in both the waiting room before going back and in the examination room before he comes in to see you is ridiculous. Make sure you have the day off or haven't made any plans! They treat you like dirt and to them you are just another number $$$. Good luck getting help here!!!

flag | Submitted July 9, 2014

Been my doctor for 28 years. He has pissed me off in the past but, his staff and him has always been their for me. If your a hypochondriac or just want the good drugs seek mental help. If your watching tv doctors shows and researching on line, You need to sue yourself for malpatrice.

flag | Submitted November 10, 2011

Worst doctor I have ever been too. I had to actually research my symptoms myself on the internet because he wouldn't take the time to do it. Dr Ruthven please retire, the medical field would be a better, SAFER place.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2011

Every single one of the staff members is very rude and unprofessional. And all i have to say about Dr. Ruthven is that i think its about time he retires...

flag | Submitted May 18, 2010

YELLED AT ME FOR GETTING DIABETES, TOLD ME THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS FIBROMYALGIA AFTER DR. REDDY DIAGNOISED ME WITH IT. WHEN GOING THROUGH ACUTE MYELOID LEUKEMIA HE SAID MY HAIR REGROWTH LOOKED LIKE PUBIC HAIR! HE ALWAYS LISTENS YOUR HEART BY LIFTING UP YOUR SHIRT FROM BOTTOM REVEALING BRA.WALKS SO FAST IN ROOM HE HAS ONE FOOT IN AND ONE FOOT OUT AT TIMES BUT A VISIT CONSIST OF 4 HOURS WHAT IS HE DOING INBETWEEN EACH PATIENT FOR SO LOMG? NURSES ARE COLD AND RUDE BUT THEY HAVE TO BE BECAUSE OF CONSTANT COMPLAINTS. SOMEONE ALWAYS SWEARING LEAVING UPSET .CANT EVEN HAVE SPOUSE COME BACK WITH YOU, HE DOESNT WANT TO ANSWER THERE QUESTIONS TOO OT HAVE THEM SEE HIM PREFORM UNPROFESSIONALY.ALWAYS COMPLAINS ABOUT COST HE HAS TO PAY FOR HIS WIFE JEANIE GOING THROUGH LEUKEMIA,HE DOES NOT HAVE ANY MANNERS.AND WILL NOT FORWARD RECORDS TO NEW DR.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2010

This staff is rude and unhelpful & even gets in the way of getting better. I went in with some sort of (painful!) eye infection. I also mentioned something else, and he thought we could look at it. however, they never got to that by 4, so I asked to leave. They made me sign something to refuse, and would not give me the antibiotic script because I did not complete the exam. My anus and my eye are in two completely different places, last I checked. Nice enough guy, horrible staff, slightly absent minded doctor, horrible office rules. No family, whole appointment, no food OR drink, even water? That's just stupid. Don't go, unless it is absolutely your only choice. Oh yeah, and they apparently think you are stupid if you go there, at least they sure acted like it. Must be, to pay for that kind of s***.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2009

Office policy stinks here. It's a family practice yet you can't bring anyone into the exam room with you (even family) for support. I've been to Ruthven 3 times for my diabetes and each time he would listen to my heart and lungs but when he told me to "take a deep breath" he said "breast" instead of "breath" every single time. I happen to be a large chested woman and felt uncomfortable with that especially when there is no one in the room with us. Then he asks me if my vision is okay and I say yes, but he looks in my eyes anyway and then says, "I can't tell if anything is there" so he schedules me an appt. with an opthomologist because he can't tell if my eyes are okay or not. The last straw was when he wanted to give me a pap test instead of sending me to my gyn. I believe this man is unprofessional, does not listen to his patients, and is unknowledgeable.

flag | Submitted February 27, 2009

Dr visit last 2 hours and then some before going back. Then doctor has no clue what you are there for, even when it is a follow up that HE told you to come to. Most of staff is rude and uncaring.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2008

Dr. Alexander G. Ruthven's Credentials

• University Of Michigan Medical School (Grad. 1971)

AHC