Ratings for Dr. Lawrence Z. Stern

He was late by over 40 mins. I was his first appointment of the day and when I asked a nurse if the doctor would need to reshedule I was told that Doctor Stern was always late. When I asked about setting up a liver function test he said that I would not need one. It had been over eight months since my last one. He had one of his cronys sit in on our appointment and when I informed Doctor Stern that I was uncomfortable with a sports medicine doctor sitting in on our appointment Doctor Stern told me that it would be fine for him to sit in as the other doctor was cunsulting. I am by no strech of the imagination an athlete. I asked Dostor Stern if he had any information on alternative pain managment classes. He told me that if I did not respond to OTC pain medications that we could look into alternative pain managment. I was at that time on prescription pain medications. He alternativly ignored me, acted dissmissive of my concerns and repeatedly acted in a condescending manner

flag | Submitted October 5, 2009

Dr. Stern was the only doctor who could diagnosis my condition. He probably saved my life.

flag | Submitted July 4, 2009

I saw doctor Stern for a herniated disk in my back, I arrived with an MRI ordered by my primary care doctor... he only looked at the films after performing a series of physical checks. He did diagnose the problem exactly correctly before seeing the MRI results. He was professional and knowledgeable and his treament plan and follow up care got me back up and running. NO Surgery. Even though two previous doctors were pushing the surgical route. No complaints at all. I would go and see him again in a heartbeat. Haven't had a spot of trouble with the back for 2 1/2 years.

flag | Submitted March 4, 2009

Came highly recommended - what a joke. Worst experience ever. Waited 3 hours past my appt time. He absolutely refused to discuss issues on my referral and the whole point for the visit. Asked for medical history, then told me to shut up and stop wasting his time when I didn't confine it to one diagnosis that wasn't even relevant. Why didn't he say that? Who knows. At one point he was really hurting me, so tears sprang to my eyes. He got angry, said "stop doing that" or I had to leave. When I tried to ask a question, said, "are you going to shut up?" Zero help and humiliating experience for hundreds of dollars. I'm an educated 28-year-old professional, not that he even noticed.

flag | Submitted February 29, 2008

Dr. Lawrence Z. Stern's Credentials

• Columbia University College Of Physicians And Surgeons (Grad. 1965)