Ratings for Dr. Brian Saltzman

Dr. Saltzman is one of the finest physicians I've ever seen. He practices evidence-based medicine, and is able to lay out treatment options in a way that is empowering. He's compassionate and I trust his judgement.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2017

I found Dr. Saltzman most unethical and uncaring. He recommended a Lithotripsy procedure for my kidney stone. This he performed at a facility in Waltham not at Newton Wellesley Hospital, where his office is located. He never showed up after the procedure to tell me how it had gone. A few days later I ended up in Newton Wellesley emergency because the stone he had shattered had broken into two pieces and had gotten stuck. After spending the night, they called his office in the morning to see what he would recommend. He did not even bother to come downstairs from his office for 5 minutes to see me. He gave a message to the staff: " It's his decision; if he wants the stone out I can do it". Needless to say I discharged myself, went to Mass General, saw Dr. Dianne Sacco and received first class treatment. I told my GP never to refer anyone to Dr. Saltzman. As an aside, I also now know why Newton Wellesley has the reputation around Newton for a place you go to with minor emergencies but not for elective procedures!

flag | Submitted October 8, 2014

Both Dr. Brian Saltzman and his brother Dr. Ned Salztman, are caring and informed doctors.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2008

Dr. Saltzman is nice but you can tell a little OCD. While he is nice he conversation is always kept to a minimum. My appts never lasted more than a few minutes. He does seem very knowledgable but you have to work at getting information out of him (going back to the piece on conversation) because he does not offer answers so readily in all cases. The one issue that I really had with his office was this; I had to go in for surgery and before that could take place I needed to sign paperwork. To sign the papers I had to make an appt and pay another copay just to sign my name. I thought that was absurd and uncalled for.

flag | Submitted February 29, 2008

Dr. Brian Saltzman's Credentials

• Cornell University Medical College (Grad. 1979)