Ratings for Dr. Robert Lloyd Pinnar

Dr. Pinnar is decent, it's his staff that is rude and obnoxious!

flag | Submitted August 15, 2012

Staff is cold and distant. Punctuality: average. I gave lowest marks on helpfulness because he tries to rush through the interview and brush aside questions. Does not want to hear about past experiences (drug reactions, etc). Knowledgeable: average. I ended up choosing a different surgeon. As a parting shot, I too believe that the glowing remarks here are bogus.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2010

I have received excellent care from the doctor and his staff. I feel supported, encouraged and cared for. I couldn't ask for anything more.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2010

My first impression of Dr. Robert Pinnar was of a competent caring physician. He has a gentle manner and a good sense of humor. He made me feel at ease and confident with his care. His staff is absolutely wonderful. I love his nurse Sue, P.A. Paul and his receptionist Shar. They make you look forward to coming in for a visit! They show great interest in your progress and great understanding in the challenges that you face each day in your lap band journey. They have gone above and beyond to meet my needs as their patient. I just cant say enough about the entire practice!

flag | Submitted August 25, 2009

Dr. Pinnar and his staff were very professional while remaining very kind and understanding.

flag | Submitted June 11, 2009

I have been going to Dr. R. Pinnar for years now and he has always taken the time to answer and aliveate my concerns and fears. I've had no problems with any of the surgeries that he has preformed on me and his staff has always been friendly and helpful.

flag | Submitted February 2, 2009

I too had an experience similar to the earlier negative reviewers. My tale would be essentially repeating what they said. I have to say that the glowing review on 8/19/08 is over the top. I hope it is deleted as being clearly, obviously phony. This is serious - two people have come here to genuinely and sincerely report their bad experiences, and now this doc, or an ally, wants to try and dilute the truth (at least as it is seen by these two folks). The Doc's glossing over of the antibiotic issue is downright scary. If someone wants to write a genuinely positive review, that is their right, but nobody should be trying to disingenuously skew the ratings.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2008

Dr. Pinnar and his PA Paul Marino have been extremely professional and kind. Both take the time to explain the surgical procedure and noted reactions to medicines I have had in the past. His nurse Sue is a doll and the office staff are kind and courteous. They provided me with detailed information and opportunities for follow up.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2008

I also went in to consult about a hernia repair and ended up choosing a different surgeon. Dismissive is not a strong enough word - he glossed over my questions and concerns like a pro, I actually had to stop him at one point and force a question on him - then he became downright rude and arrogant. I had a bad reaction to general anesthesia years before and tried to get him to discuss my concerns. On the one hand, he tells me this should be discussed with the anesthesiologist on the day of surgery (!) but at the same time he was against using local. I also knew going in that hernia repair can be done using local because I know a few people who had their hernia repair done under local. This guy seems more like a pushy salesman than a professional.

flag | Submitted December 21, 2005

Excellent Hernia repair (out patient) with no complications for 5 yrs now. I do outside physical work. I would highly recommend Dr pinnar.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2005

Dr. Robert Lloyd Pinnar's Credentials

• Umdnj-New Jersey Med Sch, Newark Nj 07103 (Grad. 1967)

Top Hospitals in Reston, VA