Ratings for Dr. M. Patriquin

I am very pleased (and lucky!) to be a patient of Dr. Patriquin's. She is very knowledgeable, always concerned about me, and kind-hearted. I always enjoy my visits with her and I bring my daughter to her, as well. Her front staff person, Angie, is super helpful and efficient. Sometimes there is a longer wait, as in normal in doctor's offices, and other times it's only 10 or 15 minute wait which I think is acceptable. Overall. I am happy to be in such good hands.

flag | Submitted March 23, 2017

My experiences have been that she is moody, pushy and chronically late. Even first thing in the morning. Also, she has had to cancel appointments that I have made a few times to accommodate her schedule. Recently she tried to sell me on getting services from other people she works in her building (massage) and to join her mindfulness practice. I was trying to be polite when I said no, but I don't feel that she has the right to push so hard when I am there to meet with my doc! not get other services!

flag | Submitted January 15, 2017

I have never found Dr Patriquin to be moody. I never feel rushed (I am a very to-the -point person) and she has been very accommodating to many of my last minute work-related travel requests which require fast turn-around appointments. The appointment booking system could be better and it is improving with the new online booking system. PArt of the reason she may seem slow is that she is taking her time with patients. This is a good thing, not a bad one. Glad I found her! However U would rate her staff zero if I could

flag | Submitted January 6, 2017

Never on time, does not listen to what you are talking about, I always feel that I am being rushed. It seems that the patients time is not that important at all.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2017

I think if anything Dr. Patriquins wait times (which have improved substantially) are due to the fact that she is very generous with her time. I used to see an excellent doctor who has since retired who used to tell me if that if I wanted to discuss more than one issue with her I would have to book another appointment because she wouldn't go past the allotted 15minutes that is standard(i think that is what MSI allows)..now, that I found outrageous! Maria is smart and compassionate and a young mom herself so perhaps a bit distracted at times but I always find that once I walk into her office she is with me and she is caring...sometimes rushed yes....sometimes very to the point yes...but never rude or dismissmive. I do wish it was possible for doctors to take time to read through a patients file before the visit to familiarize themselves again since the last visit and to take time to formulate a well thought out plan for treatment. One suggestion I would make to Dr. Patriquin and her team is to educate patients about their booking system for time slot needed. I'm learning that here at Living Well you can book an appointment that is longer if needed (ie. 30-45minutes) but nobody has ever explained that to me and I do get treated impatiently if my needs go beyond the time I booked. If I knew it was an option to book a 30minute appointment i certainly would do so, especially since I go to the doctor very infrequently and often have a few things I need to talk about. The desk staff could be friendlier and more helpful in explaining the centers approaches etc. I LOVE that Dr. Patriquin is knowledgeable of holistic medecine as any other approach will not work for me and my family. I recommend her.

flag | Submitted November 21, 2016

Unless you like being treated horribly, suggest you stay away from her. You'll be lucky if she blesses you with her presence within an hour of your appointment. She has absolutely no respect for your time and therefore no respect for you. She's overbooked so she can push through as many people as possible and get as many bills into MSI for her pocket.

flag | Submitted September 19, 2016

Dr. Patriquin is an amazing Doctor. She is knowledgable and open minded and I welcome her integrated medicine approach. Yes there can be a wait but nothing excessive, honestly any good family doctor you have to wait for nowadays. When you are with her however she is very generous with her time and very much wants to help and support her patients. I have always found her reception at Living Well to be professional and pleasant. For the extremely small number of patients who choose this site to complain, there are many who count their blessings to have such a caring and effective family doctor who is very much worth the wait.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2016

Like others have noted, Dr. Patriquin can be very moody and when she has a strong opinion, she can get very pushy and intimidating, so its hard to be open. Also, she is always running very very late. I have tried to be her first appointment of the day many times, and even then she has been very late. She also have been pushing mindfulness groups at me and the services of others in the building and this has made be uncomfortable. Finally, the front office staff are constantly changing and dropping balls and are really unprofessional. This really is not acceptable in a medical practice and I am on the lookout for a new doctor.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2016

Just NO. Stay away. Be careful and be cautious. Wait times are crazy and if you are late, she will not see you and still charge you. Heaven forbid you wake up on your appointment day and can't get to the office. Good bye to your money. Staff are terrible and not friendly at all. Dr Patriquin has mood issues.

flag | Submitted August 28, 2015

Over the time that I have been Dr. Patriquin's patient, I have had to wait ridicoulous amounts of time for each visit (even when I have booked the first appointment of her work day). Also, like others have mentioned, she can be moody. Sometimes warm and friendly, othertimes irritable and short. When I have wanted to explore options, she shows little patience. So when I agree with what she recommends, it is fine. On the whole, I will be looking for a more even tempered, consistent doctor that respects her patients times.

flag | Submitted March 14, 2015