Ratings for Dr. Eveline B. Marquardt

I have been seeing Dr. Marquardt since December 2008 when I found out I was pregnant. She has been wonderful with me and my husband. Anytime I have questions she always answers them, if I call she or one of her nurse's will call me back to help. There is only one downfall to this office, there is a nurse, she is German I think her name is Suzanne, I do NOT like her at all. She is from another country and it is possible that they way she speaks to you is just how she is used to talking but it comes across VERY RUDE. She has made me feel like I was a terrible person because I gained more weight than she thought I should have, I only gained 5 pounds! Anyway, I schedule my appointments around her schedule so she is not there when I go!

flag | Submitted February 20, 2009

I've been seeing Dr Marquardt starting April 2008. I was looking for a doctor to take me through a miscarriage to make everything happen the natural way, since my other Dr was pushing me to do D&C. With Dr Marquardt I felt very comforatble from the first appointment. I'm now pregnant again and see her on monthly basis. Great experience so far. Since she is originally from Europe, she does have a different style than most american doctors. She does not talk a lot unless you ask questions. But she is very organized and very knowledgable. I agree with other posters that her nurses, Suzanne and Jeanne are just wonderful. Make you feel very welcome and comfortable.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2009

I used Dr. Marquardt recently for a pregnancy and have to agree with most of the negative assessments here. I didn't want to switch doctors during the pregnancy, but I switched doctors immediately after giving birth. She is rough and also does not remember your details. On the positive side, she is extremely prompt with appointments and her staff is great and very friendly.

flag | Submitted October 28, 2008

Dr. Marquardt is hit or miss on friendliness and bedside manner. One of her nurses, a German woman, is terrible! She is extremely rude and unhelpful. The other nurse, Jean, is very nice, helpful, and understanding. When the rude nurse is there, Dr. Marquardt seems to have less time for her patients and makes comments that are definitely NOT good for a physician's bedside manner. When the nice nurse is on duty, Dr. Marquardt seems friendlier and more willing to take time. This doctor is not, however, good at listening to patients questions and concerns. She does tend to rush, is blunt, and is a poor listener. I'm currently six months pregnant and don't want to switch doctors until after the baby is born. So, I'll stick with this practice until then, but after that I will be changing doctors. Overall, I do not recommend this practice.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2008

Didn't wash her hands, rough and gave me a rectal exam without telling me first.

flag | Submitted July 25, 2008

I went to this doctor's office for a couple months, and she was always in hurry for me to leave. when I was having a miscarriage, she said, well, if you're having a miscarriage then it will happen no matter what. Go home and call me if you bleed more. Can you believe it!!! Before this, she denied I was even pregnant and wouldn't run an ultrasound till I absolutely insisted. Then after all this, her billing office charged me 300$ more than they should because they billed it incorrectly on my insurance. I would never go back to her office.

flag | Submitted June 9, 2008

I have only seen Dr. Maquardt a few time when I moved to this area. I felt she was knowledgable but impersonable. I would come prepared with questions but she never really seemed interested in my questions and issues. Last time I had to interrupt her so I can asked some questions before our appointment was over. Her office staff is very unfriendly and unaccomodating when trying to reach the doctor or making appointments. Both nurses are very friendly, knowledgable and professional.

flag | Submitted May 6, 2008

This has been the worst experience I have ever had with a doctor. She required me to come in (and pay) for several visits just to discuss a procedure insted of doing it on the phone. Then, she refused to release my test results. She was unfriendly and didn't seem to know what she was talking about. I have a family member that is a doctor and she was shocked at the treatment I received in this doctor's office.

flag | Submitted April 22, 2008

Sole provider practice has its limitation, sometimes judgement is not necessarily accurate.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2008

She was the doctor on call when I delivered my son last month. Not only did my poor husband have to help me push and saw the baby crown because she came in late, she messed up my episiotomy so bad I will probably have to get re-stitched according to my OB. Her savage stitching combined with the vacuum extraction of my son made me wish I had simply pulled the car over and had the baby on the highway.

flag | Submitted January 11, 2008

Dr. Eveline B. Marquardt's Credentials

• George Washington Univ Sch Of Med & Hlth Sci, Washington Dc 20037 (Grad. 1985)

Oxford