Ratings for Dr. Tobie E. Beckerman

Dr. Beckerman is a class act. She is kind, concerned, honest, and professional. This was my first visit and I plan to go back for continued treatment. She spent about 20 minutes with me in consult and then about 15 minutes in the exam room discussing her findings. Then we spent another 15-20 minutes in her office discussing treatment options. I was very impressed with the length of time she spent with me and my husband, her honest views of my condition, and her plan of treatment in hopes of a full recovery.

flag | Submitted June 22, 2017

I can't tell enough people about how amazing Dr. Tobie Beckerman is! She is unlike any other OB/GYN (or any physician for that matter!) that I have worked with. And coming from the medical field I have worked with all types... Dr. Beckerman truly cares for her patients, takes an integrated approach to look at you as a whole person and not just your reproductive organs. And most importantly, she spends time with you - at my annual appointment last week she spent over an hour and a half with me in total, which is unheard of in medicine today. I feel extremely fortunate to have found Dr. Beckerman and I make sure to tell everyone I know!

flag | Submitted July 29, 2014

I have been going to Dr. Beckerman for 10 years and one of her traits I like is the fact that she is extremely factual versus overly emotional. She is extremely thorough and I feel that I am being seen by someone who knows her stuff. She always follows up with me day or night and when I was faced with infertility, we worked on the issue together and now I have 2 beautiful children.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2009

I disagree with other posters. She does have a somewhat ballsy/brash personality, but is very smart and knowledgeable. She was the only dr. that found the source of a problem I was having when others failed to find it. She may be better post pregnancy when you're done having kids and dealing with other female issues.

flag | Submitted June 30, 2009

Dr. Beckerman is good, but the office staff is terrible. I always have to wait for long periods of time, I can never talk to a nurse when needed. Just trying to make an appointment can take 25 minutes holding on the phone. I had a reaction to some medicine and couldn't even talk to one of the nurses there. I am very frusterated with it.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2008

I have been a patient for 12 years too long. Stayed on because of her high ratings. I agree totally with the other reviewer who commented on her personality. I have been yelled at & berated by her. She has made many inappropriate comments and has called me from her car to let me know that I may be infertile. She told me that it was my body's way of letting me know that I was not meant to have kids. Real nice.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2008

The gall...She wanted me to schedule an induction. When I asked her why...the response had to do with you'll be able to plan care for your other child. She kept pushing and pressing the point and I got quite irritated. I refused to schedule if there wasn't a good medical reason. I will not see her again.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2008

I've been going to Dr. Beckerman for about three years. I always find her to be professional and knowledgeable. Highly recommended.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2008

Very rough during palpation exam. Caused me great pain during and discomfort up to 3 weeks after the exam. Very coarse and abrupt personality as well. Avoid!

flag | Submitted February 28, 2008

Dr. Tobie E. Beckerman's Credentials

• George Washington Univ Sch Of Med & Hlth Sci, Washington Dc 20037 (Grad. 1984)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Rockville, MD