Ratings for Dr. Paul E. Berman

Based on all the positive reviews I read, I was really excited to visit Dr. Berman. I was sorely disappointed. Dr. Berman was rude, condescending, and had absolutely no bedside manner. 1 - He made a point of making me feel bad about the fact that I was trying to stay within the coverage of my insurance, because I refused optional parts of the exam that I would have to pay for myself. Which I would be unable to do. 2 - He rushed me through the exam, barely giving me a moment to choose between the options that would determine my prescription. When I asked him to slow down, he didn't even acknowledge that I had spoken and continued at his pace. 3 - He repeatedly left the room in the middle of my exam without ever saying a word to me. And at one point came back into the room with his next patient while I was still sitting in the chair. He basically told me that I was done and I could leave. He did not even offer a trial pair to check that the prescription it was correct.

flag | Submitted August 27, 2013

Not a pleasant one I am afraid. I had some scaring in my eye that I think was caused by rubbing my eye while there was a fallen eye lash. Was given a short exam, prescribed drops and was advised to come back if the scaring does not go away within a week.Visited the second time. Doctor came in after 45 mins then looked at his records about me and asked why I am here. I politely remained him that I was asked to re visit if the condition still persist. The question presented to me was “it is still there”, to which I replied yes, and I would like to know what is it, I was given the answer “only God would know”. I think this is a highly un-professional behavior that was displayed. Patients who visits Doctors need to be treated with respect, kindness and doctors should take their concerns seriously. This is my eye we are taking about and I have a right to know what has caused this conditions and what is the treatment. Needless to say, I will not be visiting Dr. Paul Berman any more.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2013

Excellent experience!! Great selection of designer frames. Knowledgable and helpful staff. I would absolutely reccomend.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2009

hes been my opthalmologist for the last 8 years, hes more or less prompt and although the checkup is fast, its thorough and overall hes a good eye dr. and he just moved to an awesome upscale building.. i would recommend to those who can come to hackensack to use him.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2008

This doctor does not seems to be trustworthy. Without sending me any bill they refered the case to collection agency. when I contacted billing office girl Donna who is highly incoperative, did not provide any reason. Then I contacted my insurance company and i was told that the bill has been paid already and as they are in network they can not bill me for any amount. Still I am trying to reach this lady but she is neither picking my phone nor returning my call. Very bad experience with this group. I won't suggest anyone to visit this group.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2008

Dr. Paul E. Berman's Credentials

• Pacific University - College Of Optometry (Grad. 1975)

GHI