Ratings for Dr. Stephen C. Martinez

Doctor Martinez took a total of 3 minutes to poke at my sons back & didn't look at the ER & his colleague's report. Was very disrespectful telling us he was trying to educate us and said my son had a "sprained" back muscle then in the next sentence stated he "tore" a back muscle. Having a previous buldging disc in the same location Dr. Martinez stated his previous disc problem had nothing to do with his new injury and that he sees 20 of these cases a day. When we tried to ask questions he asked me if I was a doctor. Dr. Martinez also stated that if my son was "urinating" on himself then it would be a disc problem even though we told him his left leg had a pain going down it and coldness with and his foot falling asleep. He went on to say we could go get a 2nd opinion and we said yes we need to and walked out. Dr. Martinez then sent a fax saying my son had no restrictions contradicting his colleagues report. He is a nightmare and incompetent.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2012

Completely beholden to the insurer. Seems like he is a good Dr., but will always side with the insurance company. Will even sign you off as being healed when you are in fact not.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2009

I had an allergic reaction to antibiotics that required emergency medical attention. Not trusting large hospital emergency wait times, I visited a emergency care clinic. During this visit and a follow up appointment, I found Dr. Martinez and his staff were extremely knowledgeable and personable. They were quick to act and take care of me within a few moments of walking in the door. Highly recommended!

flag | Submitted February 27, 2008

Dr. Stephen C. Martinez's Credentials

• Spanish

• Wisconsin College Of Physicians And Surgeons (Grad. 1998)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal