Ratings for Dr. Peter C. Mandel

Doctor Mandel is by far one of the best surgeons I have ever met, I was diagnosed with a huge fibroid it was 9cm in size when I discovered it back in 2013 , I have seen many doctors ever since inside and outside the country but I held off on the surgery for a while until the symptoms became unmanageable and was interfering with my life also the fibroid had doubled in size from a 9 cm to a huge 18 cm ( Football Size) Fibroid, it caused me many Health problems including severe pressure on my bladder, Ridiculous Amount of Abdomen Pain/Cramps and also pain in my ribs along with many other unpleasant symptoms, I asked around and a friend recommended dr Mandel as he operated on her removing a similar fibroid. We didn’t know the doctor and thus decided to go see him and see if we think he was the right surgeon for this surgery, from the moment you walked in, you could tell that this was a professional doctor, he took the time to speak to us in his office before he conducted any exams and that was wonderful to break the ice, He always took his time talking to us and discussing our options and explaining everything thoroughly, He Understood that I would like to have children in the future as I was just a 26 years old, He really made us me and my husband very comfortably and we instantly knew that this was our surgeon, We knew that we were very lucky to find Dr.Mandel and decided to go ahead with the surgery. The Surgery thanks to Dr.Mandel and his assisting team went more than great, he was able to remove that large fibroid along with a couple of others and took his time with constructing and leaving the uterus intact and in great shape for conceiving later in the future, I am two weeks post op and the Surgery went great with no Complications whatsoever thanks to Dr.Mandel , I am recovering very well thankfully with no pain, the incision is healing pretty good and it’s definitely not as bad as I thought and imagined in my mind it would be, in fact everyone that sees me complement the incision as if it was a piece of jewelry lol and they all say wow that’s a really good incision and a good doctor for sure. Also he took the time to see me and to check on one me after the surgery and every question and every concerned whether the countless times we called him before or after the surgery was answered. Even when we had to re-schedule the surgery due to reasons out of our hands it was great. Also the surgery Coordinator in Doctor Mandel’s office “ Eileen” has been more than great with everything, and great follow-up prior to surgery. Not Just beyond exceptional Doctor on a professional level but also on a human level, He is well mannered & Kind Hearted Doctor who really cares for his patients and treat them like human and not just patients like many other doctors does, I wish Dr.Mandel was also my PCP lol. Words are truly not enough to Describe Dr.Mandel ,Highly Recommend Him, Please disregard all the negative reviews and at least give him a visit to see for yourself as he is truly an Excellent Doctor ( one of the best). I was operated on for an Open Abdomen Myomectomy on April 14th,2016.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2016

Part 1 For full disclosure let it be known that before I opted to put up a review, I wanted to allow this physician, Dr. Peter Mandel, of "Women's Physicans" every possible opportunity to make "right" by me. I explained that I hadn't yet appealed to either my insurance company nor to the NJ State Board of Medical Examiners, hoping to resolve the issue (mistake he made) amicably with him & within his practice. I even wrote this sentence, verbatim: "I want to be clear that I have held restraint & not posted regarding this matter myself as I believe patients should allow their doctors and their offices to handle an unfortunate situation in a corrective manner and feel it is only right to allow you a timely response before shouting to the rooftops about my experience." Well, the fact that you are reading this should tell you all you need to know about whether this doctor even made an "attempt" at resolution! (Clearly, he did NOT). In fact, this physician has opted to completely ignore all faxed & phone requests asking for a response to my seeking to have him acknowledge or rectify his mistake (to the extent possible). OR AT LEAST NOT CHARGE ME FOR IT!! I actually took the time & effort to fax to ALL his offices (Manalapan, Monroe, Matawan, and Freehold, although Freehold's fax on his end was not working). So, OBVIOUSLY, Dr. Mandel not only doesn't care about me (a patient) but arrogantly doesn't care about YOU, "the court of public opinion" in that he is apparently wholly unconcerned about YOUR reading about what he did - so all I can do is give you the facts - and hope you do NOT give him the chance I did, despite reading other horrendous reviews of his practice. (That was MY mistake - don't let it be yours too.) I apologize in advance for any graphic details, and realize that, unfortunately, this physician will know my identity. The standard of care provided by Dr. Mandel was abominable, & although I'm NOT an attorney, or physician, in my opinion, his care was NEGLIGENT, (&I will have to wait for a jury's verdict, if I opt to take the case to court - to know if they agree). Facts: I came to this doctor with a concern of findings of microscopic blood in my urine. Fact: Dr. Mandel persuaded me to allow him to perform an invasive test - one which he himself acknowledged, that like ANY invasive test, no matter how minor, had risk. Fact: The MAIN aspect Dr. Mandel was supposed to be checking for with this test: if there was an additional finding of microscopic blood - he DUMBFOUNDINGLY never bothered checking for!! Furthermore, after he did this test & a transvaginal exam which he had me come back for in the afternoon, I had EXTREME abdominal pain. (And YES, Dr. Mandel, I can back this up in court as I contacted other physicians to report this after your rushed return call & your nonchalant attitude and refusal to see me for an immediate follow-up without charging (meaning he wouldn't allow for an immediate follow-up without charging fees for yet another additional visit) Fact: Dr. Mandel referred me to a specialist. Fact: I subsequently went to 2 specialists who both concurred that it would have been absolutely prudent to check for microscopic blood. (In fact, not just "prudent", but really the MAIN reason to do this test!) The second specialist was SO DISMAYED Dr. Mandel failed to do this, that he immediately had me do the identical invasive test for a 2nd time in HIS office, and I then had to wait 2 weeks for the highly specialized results. (Not to mention I now had to pay TWICE for undergoing the same test). SO DR. MANDEL PUT ME THROUGH THIS PROCEDURE NEEDLESSLY (with increased risk of infection and which delayed further diagnostics/testing since the urologist needed to wait for the result, & now Dr. Mandel refuses to waive payment, and actually threatened me with a collection letter. (Interestingly, I (fortunately) didn't experience the terrible burning & stinging the 2nd time when the urologist's assistant did it as I had after Dr. Mandel had done the procedure (which I can also back up having discussed with the staff of this second office how less "traumatic" their technique apparently was!) The only thing Dr. Mandel tested on the sample was a "culture" which came back negative (no surprise there as I had expressed to him having NO physical symptoms suggesting an infection, but moreover, a culture could have easily been done FIRST on a non-invasive voided urine sample). Had that sample come back with a positive result, there was time enough for him to then do the more invasive test to see if it replicated the result. On top of doing an unnecessary invasive test (that was painful), and not obtaining/ordering the appropriate lab tests for which the sample was obtained to begin with - I have to address one other thing WHICH EVERY WOMEN ON HERE (or the men that care about them) should read!

flag | Submitted April 27, 2015

Dr. Mandel is the best. I have been going to him for many years. Its hard to find a Doctor that is excellent in his field. But Dr. Mandel is.

flag | Submitted September 24, 2012

Dr. Mandel is thorough, knowledgeable, kind, and compassionate. He performed surgery a few years back and I had some temporary issues due to swelling. I called his office to tell them I needed to come in immediately (his office is literally 2 min from my house) and they said he wasn't in yet. I explained that if I couldn't get in to see him, I'd have to go to the ER. After calling multiple times and the staff telling me that he wasn't in yet, I drove myself over there. He not only was in, but had never received my message. He saw me immediately and gave me his cell phone number so that I could reach him 24/7 should I need him. The staff person I believe was let go. The surgery was a success and he went above and beyond what I've seen any doctor do before. Highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted February 28, 2011

Dr. Mandel is an excellent and thorough doctor. His office wait time has improved 100% as well. I would recommend him.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2011

The best doctor ever. I highly recomend him great bedside manner and very intelligent doctor.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2010

Fantastic doctor. Not only is he brillant, but he has a wonderful bedside manner. The whole package. A few years ago there were major problems with long waits and unhelpful staff. However, not only were these issues acknowledged but they have been completly rectified. A rarity it todays world. An excellent doctor.

flag | Submitted November 6, 2009

Excellent doctor. Great diagnostician. Listens and cares. Would highly recomend to family and friends. He is the best in the practice.

flag | Submitted January 8, 2009

I completely trust this doctor. He is thorough, kind, answers all questions.

flag | Submitted April 8, 2008

Dr. Peter C. Mandel's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical School At San Antonio (Grad. 1983)

MB Health