Ratings for Dr. Fiona Halliday

I have been reading most of the ratings regarding Dr. Fiona Halliday and Tina and I don’t really understand why some people (patients) are so negative and basically nasty. After moving to the Niagara region about 3 years ago following retirement, my wife and I had to let go of our family doctor because of distance. Finding a new family physician is extremely difficult and the fact that Dr. Halliday accepted to take us on as new patients is a real blessing. 7 years ago, I had to deal with cancer and about a year ago, I went through 3 spinal surgeries, which means that my health condition can be a real challenge for any family physician. Each time I had to see Dr. Halliday, she bent backward for me I find her extremely professional and knowledgeable, and very attentive and caring. Many people are complaining about the fact that her nose in her laptop… come on people. Thank god her nose is in her laptop because it means that she is keeping track of everything that concerns your health and condition, and all this information becomes part of your health history and records. As far as Tina (receptionist) is concerned, we think she is great and each time I had to deal with Tina, she has been very pleasant, helpful and accommodating… I think she is a Ray of Sunshine. So if you are not happy with Dr. Halliday or Tina for whatever reason, perhaps you should try to find another doctor and stop criticizing them. Bruno & Lorraine, St. Davids

flag | Submitted December 15, 2016

I think Fiona is fabulous,usually on time ,cares for me ,unfortunately the receptionist is a lot to be desired,asking for an appt.you get one in 2 to 4 weeks and as far as referrals to a specialist your looking at 2 1/2 to 3 months unless you get Fiona involved

flag | Submitted October 27, 2016

Fiona is great, we have never had an issue with her. Her secretary, Tina, is f***ing awful. We have honestly considered changing because of the receptionist.

flag | Submitted October 8, 2016

Would be a great Dr if you could ever get to see her. Her receptionist takes the phone off the hook for hours and when you do get through is unpleasant and unhelpful.

flag | Submitted September 28, 2016

Unfortunately Dr. Holliday has taken on way to many patients so therefore is never available to see you when needed. I feel this is a matter of Quantity over Quality in Patient care. Very Sad! I will have to seek another Doctor.

flag | Submitted September 23, 2016

Just started seeing Dr. Halliday and I am very impressed with the thoroughness of her exam for my husband and I. Very pleased the staff answers all my questions as well!

flag | Submitted August 2, 2016

Dr. Halliday is always able to see me with short notice. A very modern doctor who took the time to get to know me and my family.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2015

Dr Halliday is a absolute joke 3 months for an appointment never helps with anything never listens she should not have her license

flag | Submitted November 3, 2015

She took my whole family as patients and has given us each a private consultation rather than all at once. It is important to her to be thorough and advise each patient separately. It does take a while to see her but she also keeps reasonable hours- she has a family and a life. After coming from a doctor who got sick and had to quit the practice, I value a doctor that sees patients as individuals AND can balance work and family life. She has an after hours clinic....we have our hospitals and urgent care clinics after all. As for being afraid you are developing cancer if you have to wait to long for an appointment- how about scheduling appointments for legit concerns, or physicals and keeping those appointments. Doctors can't be responsible for our failures. Write down your symptoms before your appointment and bring them in if you can't remember when you are there. It is more important to keep a record of symptoms and occurrences then go in the moment you feel 'something'.

flag | Submitted July 5, 2015

DR FIONA IS ARROGANT AND DEMEANING AND VERY JUDGEMENTAL,,, SHE WANTS TO MAKE HER MONEY QUICK AND EASY,,, I WILL BE LEAVING

flag | Submitted June 1, 2015