Ratings for Dr. Ji Eun Paik

I saw Dr. Paik for several years post college for GYN appointments. I initially really liked her - my husband and I dated for a VERY long time before we got married, and she and her husband had done the same, and we bonded over that. However, as SOON as I got married, she started putting the full court press on me to get pregnant (we are in NO hurry, and I explained this to her multiple times). It was extremely off-putting, especially since she got married and had her first child well into her 30s (I was 28 when I got married, have always been in great health, and both my mother and mother-in-law were 34 when they had me and my husband...in the 80s. I'm really not too worried about it, and told her as much). The other thing was her BIZARRE belief that all birth control pills effect you the exact same way. I experienced sudden and significant weight gain, which coincided with me switching from a monophasic to a triphasic pill. Then, as soon as I switched back to a monophasic pill, my weight gain stopped. Later realizing that maybe this switch was the culprit for the weight gain, I asked her what she thought and she dismissed it as ridiculous, saying “if you gain weight on one pill, you gain weight on all of them.” I’m no doctor, but that seemed concerningly ignorant to me. I brought this up to my primary care physician (who specializes in women’s medicine), and she was dumbfounded, confirming that of COURSE different pills can affect people in different ways, given the difference in hormones and dosages. I have now had three different doctors confirm that Dr. Paik’s assertion was 100% incorrect. I know this may seem insignificant in the grand scheme of OB/GYN issues to have, but to get something SO BASIC so wrong is deeply concerning. Lastly, she was happy to have me continue to come in for yearly paps, even though they are now recommended every 3 years. I have never had an abnormal result, and as I mentioned, have been with my husband for the past 15 years. My PCP is the one who informed me of the change, which was apparently recommended several years ago! These 3 issues combined made it easy for me to decide to seek out a new OBGYN.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2017

I highly recommend Dr. Paik. She is kind, empathetic, thorough, respectful, and answers my questions.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

Saw Dr. Paik for a routine OB visit after my 20week anatomy ultrasound, which revealed that my placenta was low lying near the cervix. She was great at explaining everything and took the time to answer all of my questions.

flag | Submitted November 22, 2014

I trust Dr. Paik. She pays attention to details and cares about me as a person. Highly recommend.

flag | Submitted August 25, 2013

I love Dr Paik. I am pregnant with my second child and go to Dr Paik. I have had a small and unusual complication with this pregnancy, and Dr Paik has been extremely helpful and knowledgable. I tend did a lot of (internet) research on my own, and Dr Paik spent lots of time discussing this with me, was very patient, and very willing to talk about where her information was coming from (clinical trials, studies, etc), which not many doctors are willing to do. She also was willing to discuss my concerns and allow me to have a say in my treatment based on my own research, which I think is unusual in most doctors who would rather you just take their advice. Bottom line, she's extremely smart, caring, and willing to listen.

flag | Submitted June 20, 2011

Dr Paik saw me the day after I gave birth and I was a mess because my son was in the NICU. She spent time to talk to me and tell me my reaction was perfectly normal. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend her and I am thinking about switching to her permanently from the other dr I see in this same practice.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2010

She is very sweet, polite and patient. Sometimes has a tendency to seem rushed. Overall, she is pleasant and takes times to listen as well as inform. Reston staff however needs work. Often abrupt, curt and unfriendly.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2009

I have known Dr. Paik for about 5 years now and I am very happy with her care. I find her to be knowledgeable, sweet and caring. The wait is sometimes a bit long but so it is in my other doctors' offices. I know to schedule appointments early in the morning or first thing in the afternoon. I rather be an office with a full waiting room than in an empty one. This is, to me, an indication that the doctors are good.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2009

I was not pleased with Dr. Paik and after a few months lost all confidence in her as my doctor. I was originally a patient of Dr. Porter's. Dr. Porter saw me through my first miscarriage. But when I had a second chemical pregnancy I got shifted to Dr. Paik because Porter's schedule was too tight. I saw Dr. Paik from that point on for about 5-6 months. She ordered some blood work, but initially failed to order a thyroid test I had asked about but didn't tell me it hadn't been done. So I had to have more blood work done. She was unable to explain the results of our blood work in easy to understand language and seemed to lack the time to explain the results. I had a third chemical pregnancy (although was unable to get into the office quick enough to have it confirmed so she never seemed to believe me). Then she prescribed progesterone claiming it had no side effects and refused to acknowledge it might after I had issues with it and found much evidence to the contrary.

flag | Submitted July 21, 2009

Dr. Paik delivered my second child by c-section. I am a patient of Dr. Porter's but Dr. Paik happened to be on call the night of my son's birth. She is excellent and explains everything in detail. She took her time with me before and after the c-section. She and Dr. Porter as well as the senior nurses are top notch. The office staff, however, needs improvement.

flag | Submitted May 10, 2009

Dr. Ji Eun Paik's Credentials

• Korean

• GEORGETOWN UNIVERSITY OF MEDICINE (Grad. 2001)

Assurant